Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Replacing Bose front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 AM
fattyfatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacing Bose front speakers

Has anybody had a problem fitting new Door speakers into a vehicle that has the factory Bose system. I changed out the Deck, and replaced the dash speakers, but when I went to fit new door speakers I found that the window track is RIGHT behind the factory speaker hole. The origional Bose speakers have a front mounted magnet so they clear. My replacements are too deep. If I space them out so the magnet rests against the window track, the cone will press the door panel out. Has anyone found any thing that fits this application that still sounds decent? BTW My truck is a 98 Envoy in case that makes a difference.

Julian

Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Replacing Bose front speakers

My old setup before I went with custom door panels I had some JL XRs up there and they fit fine....Its like that on all blazers, not just bose....you just have to find a thinner speaker or start customizing lol