Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Replacing the speakers in the dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

well i think i will either put in the power acoustics or the pioneers in the dash and pioneers in the doors. The 6x9's in the rear either are not hooked up to the head unit or dont work but sometime down the road id like to put a good low bass 6x9 with an amp for some bass.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Beginning Member
OneLoudBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
well i think i will either put in the power acoustics or the pioneers in the dash and pioneers in the doors. The 6x9's in the rear either are not hooked up to the head unit or dont work but sometime down the road id like to put a good low bass 6x9 with an amp for some bass.
My friend had some power acoustics "high end" and i wasnt to impressed with them, but ive heard alot of pioneers and they usually are pretty good, make sure to get three ways in your doors =D

Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sifd4x4
even with an amp, you wont get more bass out of your speakers, an amp makes the signal stronger and the sound clear. it in no way helps with bass, it will be louder but not heavier.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:16 PM
mitchellms1 is on a distinguished road

kicker ks 460 coaxial 4x6 in dash
great sound and there loud a hell
only thing is somtimes there to overwhelming at high volume, to much high but i still dont have subs so that could be my problem

Old 12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Mess around with your settings. Find whats good for you. Stereos are never ending projects, you will play around until its just right, then add something and have to do it all over again. But without subs they may be very overwhelming. See if the tweeter has adjustable output. I know my MTX's twisted and that how you turned them up or down. some infinity have a button. Read up on the manual, you may be missing something.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I put Pioneer 4x6 plates in my dash with the recomended high pass filter ( I believe it is 400 hz) which allows for a higher power rating. They sound great. I also hae pioneer 6 way 6X9 in the rear kick panels and a Clarion 6" enclosed subwoofer.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
I put Pioneer 4x6 plates in my dash with the recomended high pass filter ( I believe it is 400 hz) which allows for a higher power rating. They sound great. I also hae pioneer 6 way 6X9 in the rear kick panels and a Clarion 6" enclosed subwoofer.

...six way?

Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I stand corrected 6X9 5 Way. I do not know why i was thinking they were 6 way. But they work great with using the factory locations at the rear kick panel along with the 4X6 plates in the dash. I have the front and rear driven by 2 Linear amps (each amp is 2 channel) The amps themselves are small enough to be mounted on floor just below the two rear kick panels. I have a clarion 6" subwoofer. Fills the whole car up with sound and not too heavy on the bass and no cutting up the door panels. Overall a very clean installation.