Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

small subs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default small subs?

I am looking for a SMALL sub, I want more punch for ME not the public. Id like to hear what they sound like, but have come to the conclusion to believe word of mouth due to the great prices the net has to offer.

I have a 92 2 door blazer, 4x6 in the dash and 6x9 in the side panels, I want to replace these as well, Basically I need a speaker set up that includes a small sub and amp. I have a pioneer XM ready deh-6400 I think, couple years old but works, with a sony 10 disc installed as well, the back seat does need to be functional as well. Cargo space is very important to me as well.

I had the idea of mounting the sub into the back gate panel or the side panel on the passenger side behind the wheel well. I can fabricate and wire myself.

Thanks for the help.

edit- can this be moved please?

Old 10-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: small subs?

If it were me, I would look into the infinity reference or Kappa 4x6's. between 69 and 100. Prob cheaper on ebay. for the 6x9's, the infinity's sound great and are in the range of 100 bucks. For a small sub, Tang bands are sweet, CDT makes some bad 8 inch subs. both are about 100w Rms, so you could probably get an amp for about 75 bucks or so. If you want, I can get you those Infinitys prob a lil cheaper than you can online. Just PM me if you are interested.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

If it were me, I would look into the infinity reference or Kappa 4x6's. between 69 and 100. Prob cheaper on ebay. for the 6x9's, the infinity's sound great and are in the range of 100 bucks. For a small sub, Tang bands are sweet, CDT makes some bad 8 inch subs. both are about 100w Rms, so you could probably get an amp for about 75 bucks or so. If you want, I can get you those Infinitys prob a lil cheaper than you can online. Just PM me if you are interested.
I had another thread about this in audio section that I forgot about, I will PM you when IM ready, I got to take panels off and see what clearance I have behind them. I appreciate the help and offer and will be taking you up on it when I have ALL the cash in hand.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Moved and Locked upon author's request.

See the author's previous thread on this subject here:
Need new speakers