Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Trembling/shaking over small holes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
fernandoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trembling/shaking over small holes

My 2000 4 door 4WD is only 40,000 miles. But it has a very poor actitude when the pave is broken and you can feel a kind of shaking which can be front or rear. The sensation is similar to that of a loose bearing. Sometimes the rear door can get the shaking/trembling as well as the engine lid did until I put some rubbers there. I reviewed the front suspension, changed the 4 ball joints and everything is enouhg thight to the observation. The rear wheels move quite a little in the bearing(a kind of "in/out" better than side to side, but they can't be adjusted. I removed the factory Bilsteins and the shake improved a little and the bouncing was reduced too. As I bought it used I can't know which is the brand new driving sensation over holes but now is worse that acceptable for a vehicle of this size, fuel consumptionand condition. I use 35 psi all aroundand tires are OEM size. Any ideas?, the front bearings can be tightened?, other secret operation?, the steering ends?, the steering regulator at the steering box?.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: Trembling/shaking over small holes

Things are much better now using 25 psi. But, how can the truck be safe with 25 at the rear?.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You state that you removed the factory Bilsteins, but what did you put in to replace them? Also, what brand/model/size of tire are you running?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:07 PM

Almost new Goodyears, Wrangler ATS LT 235/75R15, load 104/101 Q....made in Chile.
I tried to swap the Bilsteins with quite regular Gabriels, Gas Ryders, white. But the Bilsteins were quite soft and made the drive bounced (spell?), front to rear and side to side. I'm very practical in 4wd driving and the Blazer sensation (in paved roads) is very soft and can't compare with the japanese trucks road control. In dirt I don't know by now, probably it will bottom.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:14 PM

For your benefit: I put some thick foamy rubber in the rear gate (door) lock area, reduced the tire pressure to 32 and the things are more (90-80%) normal now. A couple of months before I used that solution for the lid sounds/shakings. And the Blazer is only in its spring of the life.