Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

static in tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:27 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road
Default static in tweeters

i have small infinity tweeters in my dash when the crap delcos went, ive had them over a year...lately ive been here clicking static only in the tweeters. this is with radio on ( havent tried mp3 or other sourced to see if its just radio or any source) i checked the connections of both tweeters and they were fine, nothing was loose. its not all the time but most of the time.

i tried researching it with no helpful results

any help would be great!!

Old 08-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

Try with the other sources. Sometimes I find that tweeters relay the static picked up via the radio from power lines and traffic lights (Traffic lights for me have been the worst).

Hopefully its just that, but post back

Old 08-12-2015, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by tenorsaxdude
Try with the other sources. Sometimes I find that tweeters relay the static picked up via the radio from power lines and traffic lights (Traffic lights for me have been the worst).

Hopefully its just that, but post back
This morning I tested my ipod as the source... Only a 20 min drive but no static noted....gonna drive around a week with ipod only see if any static comes back....but I doubt it....I know to check the radio adapter behind the head unit... And the antennas on tight...anything else I could check?

Old 08-14-2015, 10:41 PM
Starting Member

The wire that connects the adapter to the external antenna as well. Check for damage or chafing

I'm going to bet the issue is at the adapter though, if the connection is even slightly loose, it will move and create static. I recommend wrapping where it connects to the factory line in electrical tape to ensure it stays solidly hooked up.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:31 PM

The wire that connects the adapter to the external antenna as well. Check for damage or chafing

I'm going to bet the issue is at the adapter though, if the connection is even slightly loose, it will move and create static. I recommend wrapping where it connects to the factory line in electrical tape to ensure it stays solidly hooked up.
literally wrapped it in electrical tape yesterday,the static was lighter but still noticeable, i checkeed the top portion of the antenna line under the hood...looked ok, will have to follow it tmr and see where it leads into the firewall

Old 08-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Starting Member

Good luck

Might also try other stations just to check

Old 08-18-2015, 06:57 PM

Good luck

Might also try other stations just to check
most stations have the static some shorter than others, i forgot to tape one end of the antenna adapter, so i just did that i will have to see if that worked