Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Switching to component speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:36 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

If you wanted real headroom and room to upgrade in an amp that has 1/0 inputs for only $20 more you could get the PPI BK1800.

That's quite a bit more power, but that's what a gain **** is for. It would never get warm and be idling along most of the time.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Beginning Member
millenniumfalcon is on a distinguished road
Default Install early next week

I finally have just about everything I need for the install I've been putting together since I purchased the Blazer a couple months ago. I already have so many rattles from broken door pins I did not want to do it in stages; taking everything apart once and putting it back together once is the goal here. It's nothing crazy, but I'm tired of just being able to listen to the radio, you know, am/fm, because the stock cd drive has gone out. It's Kenwood all around, with the exception of the sub and amp, which is a JL Powerwedge. I found great deals on everything, and will be doing the install Monday or Tuesday, depending on weather and spousal cooperation and understanding. My last install in anything was sometime around 2005-ish, so it will feel good to get back into a dash and do some re-wiring. I'll start a thread with as many photos as I can get with as much info for wiring the front components to the stock tweeter locations in the dash. I lowered the glovebox to get a look and it doesn't look like it will be a problem. Thanks!