Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Are these subs good for the money?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
To tell you the truth I would stay away from walmart audio. If you want to stay low budget and still sound decent pioneer's premier line isnt bad. Also JL Audio just came out with a W0v2 which sounds pretty good and is only $100.00. Might want to check that out.
I'll look into those

Originally Posted by oktain
I have one of these and couldn't be happier. Ya I'll admit you won't wake up the neighbours but it'll definitely harm your hearing... alot.

What I love the most though is the fact that I can remove it in 30 secondsn when I need the extra space, especially with my MacGyver style sub mount. It does come with a straps and mounting hardware, but I really didn't feel like drilling into the floor of my truck.

I find it to be great value and if you don't want to put the money ou for a deck at this point, it sounds good with the factory head unit too (just sounds 10x better with my new Fusion deck). I was so impressed I bought a Fusion FD-245 deck to go along with it. (at a steal, 120dollars for a 300 dollar deck, gotta love buying non-current.)

I don't know about that it looks kinda weird lol

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhDAGiMdnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREqmPkZZ9Y

The Sound and Video quality sucks as they were taken with my cell phone cause I'm at work. But you can kinda hear how they hit.
Thats sounds pretty good are those the walmart subs?

Also while i'm here are walmart boxes any good?
Because if i get good subs i dont want junky boxes
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11979943

I couln't find the 10 or 12 inch boxes but i know they sell them

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by 96chevblazer; 08-18-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yes thy are. Picked them up because I was only running one MTX before and my bf has 4 12s in his Burban and I was tired of him picking on me lol. Which he still does cause his exhaust is louder than mine...

Anyway, I picked mine up for 58 bucks on a special. I've actually got another sitting at the house from when they went off special and I bought one anyway... but then I was walking around in the store and saw them sitting on the shelf for the special price... so I bought it lol.

And for being run by a measly 75x4W amp they do sound and hit pretty hard.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanks i need to look into getting an amp to, and a new head unit, so im trying to do this as cheap as possible!