Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Beginning Member
OhioLefty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Those are for plugging into the factory harness plug, yes, but it seemed as though you were saying that you were going to cut the factory plug off and give them with the speakers to your mechanic buddy?? If you cut them off then you won't need the adapters, so now I'm a little lost on exactly what you're trying to do, lol.

If you're not cutting them off then yes, they will work. Also, I'm not aware of any difference in the plugs. They've always looked the same to me.
Seems the thread kinda got a little hard to follow but if you look at posts #4 and #6, I said he wanted the speakers with the stock wiring harness. I am looking for a harness that will allow me to connect the two spade ends to each speaker and connect the other end into the factory wiring harness. "Plug and play", no cutting, no splicing and simple.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OhioLefty
Seems the thread kinda got a little hard to follow but if you look at posts #4 and #6, I said he wanted the speakers with the stock wiring harness. I am looking for a harness that will allow me to connect the two spade ends to each speaker and connect the other end into the factory wiring harness. "Plug and play", no cutting, no splicing and simple.
I think I understand the derailment now. He wants the factory SPEAKERS that have the stock plug on them so they can plug 'n play. He's not wanting your factory harness plug cut off from your harness AND the speakers. You kept saying it like this, "Yes, a friend of mine wants the stock speaker with the wiring harness.", which was throwing off what we were understanding.

Much simpler to state he just wants the factory speakers and you just want a harness adapter to plug in so there's no wire cutting/splicing, lol.

Now that that's behind us, my Jimmy is a two door so it has 6x9's in the rear of the truck, however the factory harness is likely the same. I'll double check what the connectors look like on all the factory speakers that I yanked from it and get you an exact part number for both.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Beginning Member
OhioLefty is on a distinguished road

I finally got around to replacing my dead rear door speakers in my 2000 4X4 4dr Blazer LT. The new Polk Audio db651s 6" Coaxial sound great but then again, they should when you consider what they replaced was DOA when I bought the vehicle a month ago. A really nice upgrade!

As for the speaker wiring harness I bought to try (Scosche part#: SHGM03B), it did not work. The harness connection was the opposite of what I needed for the factory connection.

Factory speaker connection (from speaker)

Factory harness connection (from head unit)

The Scosche SHGM03B harness plug end looked like the end on the pic above ^. So I ended up snipping the wires close to the stock speaker terminals and adding my own spade connectors paying close attention to positive (+) and negative (-) terminals and wire colors.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

Attached Thumbnails What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?-img0493lr.jpg   What is the correct speaker harness for 2000 4X4 Blazer LT rear door, Metra# ?-img0494e.jpg  

Last edited by OhioLefty; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Add: The harness changes color code at the jack inside the B pillar. Speaker is faded tan yellow to the schematics' light blue/ dark blue.

Question: I think the wire harness goes down the center or the truck down the trans tunnel. Any one know where the next jack is?
thread un jack