Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Where did you place the ground for your amplifier?? Suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Haha I'm moving in 2 weeks so its temporary. Then it will probably be under my bed or in a storage room.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Starting Member
helo is on a distinguished road

The 2/0 I bought is certainly overkill, but I see it as room for expansion without replacing the wire for a third time... =).

It's a black sheath with maybe a dozen strands or so. It's pretty stiff and was a serious PITA to run. I have it secured with zip ties. Drilling a hole and finding a suitable grommet for 2/0 was my biggest problem; it'd be easier with a die grinder or dremel. Just don't hit your fuel lines! Carquest had some copper ring terminals in the back for 2/0. I run into a rockford fosgate power distribution block I got from best buy ($6) and then 4gauge to my amp (12").

Lowes will have a wire rack in the electrical isle. It usually rotates around for different spools of stuff and there's a price banner off to the side that lists everything they have available with price/foot. The 2/0 wasn't too much more than 1/0 or 0gauge, so I went with it.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:41 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

completely understandable then. i just personally will never go that big in my blazer so i saw no reason to look bigger than one run of zero gauge.

i'm currently half way through wiring my system. i got home from my trip and am yet to have an hour of free time to finish my own darn truck even though i'm working on other peoples' cars

Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

Nice, so where did you find the gromets since you had a tough time looking for some? if i do this i'm also going to be connecting it to my distro bloack than split it with 4 awg to both amps... only thing i'm going to have to buy is a fuse holder...btw what fuse rating you have on your fuse holder? wer....

Old 08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Starting Member
helo is on a distinguished road

For grommet I walked through the electrical conduit isle until I found a PVC bit that I could slide the 2/0 through. I went with a water-tight something or other for house mains power lines. It's like 1.5" long and has a plastic nut that screws on the top holding it in place.

For the fuse holder, I just walked into best buy and picked one. Ended up with a rockford fosgate for like $12. Supports all the different fuse types and up to 3/0 wire. I think it is good for at least 125amps with ANL fuse. Wal-mart probably has these, too.

I'm using a 70amp fuse for a 600watt rms amp. I'm about to order a bigger amp (AP15001d for $165), so I think that will necessitate a new fuse.

2 lanzar 10's (600rms each; $35 subs) in 4th order isobaric enclosure (5.5cuft). Freakin' slams at half power and SQ is way better than sealed.