Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

$1400 2000 LT Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Starting Member
hurleyii is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KnightBlazer
Looking good. Sorry to hear you ran into more issues, but we all know that feeling. 31s look great! Are you going to do the Poly sway bar bushings too?

It wouldn't make the ride any stiffer, but you might consider the jeep steering shaft upgrade to improve road manners more. For me that was the single best upgrade I've made to the Blazer so far.
Can you explain this upgrade as i have my truck stripped at this time!

Old 11-07-2019, 04:22 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Hey hurleyii - I don't want to hijack the thread, but it's simply replacing the steering shaft from the column to the steering box. OE GM part has a rag/tulip joint that wears out and allows a lot of slack. The jeep shaft has 2 solid u-joints, you'll just have to cut a few inches out for it to fit. You should be able to search as it's been done a lot, or find it in my build thread (Post #101). PM me if you want to know more, so we don't take over ex-calif's thread.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Ex-Calif is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the consideration on this thread - and thanks for the tip. I did search a few threads on the Jeep mod and as of now my kid's Blazer doesn't appear to have any real slop but we'll keep this in mind if it does...

He's got a fair amount of basic maintenance stuff to get done as of now. His next mod target is a body lift and some cosmetic/painting type stuff. Maybe add some smoked lens covers, that kind of stuff. Probably punt a body lift until next spring. After that he's got the typical wants - brush bars, winch mount, roof rack, lights etc...

Should be interesting.

I will post the maintenance stuff here as we progress along.

Originally Posted by KnightBlazer
Hey hurleyii - I don't want to hijack the thread, but it's simply replacing the steering shaft from the column to the steering box. OE GM part has a rag/tulip joint that wears out and allows a lot of slack. The jeep shaft has 2 solid u-joints, you'll just have to cut a few inches out for it to fit. You should be able to search as it's been done a lot, or find it in my build thread (Post #101). PM me if you want to know more, so we don't take over ex-calif's thread.

Old 11-08-2019, 04:42 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Good job! Looks good. I like the tires you got on there.

Old 11-08-2019, 06:24 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Late to the party, but this looks great. Thank you for the detailed pictures!

Old 11-11-2019, 12:50 PM

Quick check in... Had quite a bit of rework to do on the original lift. Got the alignment done and the shop noted the passenger shaft had blown a seal. That makes the Drivers and Passengers shafts and the drivers side seal. Note to self - next time while everything is out, get it all done once and right...

Also for some weird reason one caliper bolt was missing. I don't remember not torqueing all the bolts but I suppose I could have missed it. Aside from completely pulling apart the front and redoing it we also replaced all the short bolts in the back. Got it all done in a little over 5 hours - groan.

Here is a pretty good before and after shot. Next job up before winter is to fix the heat. Didn't notice it wasn't working at the purchase. Supply hose is hot so I am guessing plugged up core or the mixing valve inop. All the controls inside work for directing air, just no heat.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Looks great! I hate rework, but I always seem to miss something when putting things back together.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

It's amazing how just tires and a lift can change the whole profile of a vehicle. Looking good.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:39 PM

Yeah it looks OK. He plans to paint the entire skirt & bumpers in black underbody paint so I think it will really look good after that...

Old 11-11-2019, 05:50 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Is that design on the sides a decal or paint?

Quick Reply: $1400 2000 LT Blazer Build