Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

$1400 2000 LT Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 07:18 AM
Starting Member
hurleyii is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ex-Calif
OK this biyatch might be jinxed - LOL...

Next morning cold as a witches tit in a brass bra we assessed the damage. The lug studs had actually sheared but I think that was secondary. I am gonna vote that someone responsible for torquing the lug nuts (him) didn't get 'er done.
21*F roadside recovery - dam
Well sounds like the good Lord looked at the situation and said boys gonna learn today to finish the job!!!!

Old 11-21-2019, 09:42 AM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Glad no one was hurt and not too much damage. To bad about the wheel but hopefully he learned something.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Ex-Calif is on a distinguished road

Yeah - I had to keep it in perspective and remember some of the dumb mistakes I made when I was 22...

Originally Posted by hurleyii
Well sounds like the good Lord looked at the situation and said boys gonna learn today to finish the job!!!!
Originally Posted by Hess13x
Glad no one was hurt and not too much damage. To bad about the wheel but hopefully he learned something.

Old 11-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Ex-Calif
Yeah - I had to keep it in perspective and remember some of the dumb mistakes I made when I was 22...
Now the next question is how did he not nnotoce the steering wheel shaking out of his hamd?

Old 11-23-2019, 06:12 AM

Yeah - He claims it happened, "really quick" but my experience with him like many young folks is they keep going as long as the long pedal is working. Over several different events he ran is Hyundai out of engine oil (because he hadn't done an oil change in over 7,000 miles), then coolant and when it finally wouldn't stop any more I found out his brakes were metal to metal for what must have been 3,000 miles - LOL...

He's getting better but never really was interested in getting in the garage. He's taking more interest in the Blazer but unfortunately he'll never have the right temperament to be a good wrench. As you all know 90% of being a good wrench is not in knowing how to turn a wrench but in solving problems and figuring out the best solution with the least amount of intrusion and effort.

Another example is that he helped a buddy change spark plugs on an Elantra. They broke 4 of the screws that hold the plastic cover over the plugs and heads when putting it back on. They were like 10mm bolts and they were using a 1/2 drive ratchet with a step down adapter. He helped another kid on an a-arm replacement and broke a 3/8' drive torque wrench by using a step up adapter, a 1/2 drive 22mm socket trying to bust the a-arm bolts loose. I asked him why he didn't use my 3/4 drive 4 foot breaker bar... "Oh, right. Probably should have" - LOL...

Originally Posted by hurleyii
Now the next question is how did he not nnotoce the steering wheel shaking out of his hamd?

Old 12-24-2019, 07:19 AM

Hurleii was asking what we painted the frame, wheels and skirt with. It's Rustoleum Textured bed liner. It comes out dry with like an anti-skid surface. I really like it over the rubberized stuff that is a mess to deal with.

Nothing major going on - just trying to get through winter. I bought my kid a speaker and amp kit for Christmas so that project will probably happen as soon as he nags me enough to brave the cold temps - LOL...

As a new to us vehicle we are also chasing some issues. The heater stopped blowing hot and I flushed the heater core. That worked for a week and it stopped again - this time I totally noted the puke tank is full of sludge. I flushed the heater core again a couple days ago and put in some rust dissolver. I disconnected the puke tank for now and in a day or two will flush the radiator and heater again and remove the puke tank for cleaning.

The 4WD wasn't working after the lift and I suspected the linkage slipped loose but I checked it again doing the flush and it somehow has healed itself so that's good. Here's hoping nothing else major goes on till spring - I hate working in cold temps.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:06 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Happy holidays, glad nothing major is going on. My moms jimmy is having the same issues with the core, she picked up a new one and is going to get it installed while she is on a trip. Had the whole system flushed not too long ago, going to get my mechanics to flush it again before he installs the new core. Noticed more sludge mixing in.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:50 AM
Starting Member

Ahhh... I didn’t see that post. Thanks man, I’m still trying to decide how far forward I’m going with this project. Engine back is for sure getting wired and under coated on frame. Engine is out but god it’s such a job with wiring harness. I’m leaning to do outside of the front area only at this time.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by DonL
Happy holidays, glad nothing major is going on. My moms jimmy is having the same issues with the core, she picked up a new one and is going to get it installed while she is on a trip. Had the whole system flushed not too long ago, going to get my mechanics to flush it again before he installs the new core. Noticed more sludge mixing in.
Take a good look at the puke tank. Totally got me. It's under a computer and my kid's has rusted mount bolts. Don't wanna get into it until I have time to fix anything that breaks coming apart.

With the puke tank disconnected he has had blow-over a couple times - I suppose that's what a puke tank is for, ha, ha - but he's topping it up until we do the job - tomorrow, good lord willing...

Old 12-27-2019, 08:36 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

When I replaced my engine, I bought a new overflow tank. I knew I would never be able to get all the gunk out of the old one, and I didn't want it in the new engine. The one I bought was aftermarket, but it fit perfectly and seems to be good quality.

Quick Reply: $1400 2000 LT Blazer Build