Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

[PROJECT] Shotgun shell sewing box

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default [PROJECT] Shotgun shell sewing box

My Dad's birthday has come and gone and I was having trouble figuring out a gift for him. Everything he wants/needs is well out of my budget. He mentioned recently that he found some old boxes in barns that were being torn down so he grabbed them. My belated birthday gift idea finally came to me!

My plan is to take this old sewing machine accessory box and convert/repurpose it to carry shotgun shells. I'm leaving the outside as-is so it remains old looking. Inside is getting a new liner (black suede maybe?) and sections of a bandolier attached to each folding side.

On with the pictures!

Comments/feedback/suggestions welcome!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I gotta say that's a pretty awesome idea!! Most of the time the best gifts come from the heart and not the wallet anyway. I don't know you or your father but I'm sure he will love it. Tell him happy belated birthday from Blazer Forum!!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i agree...that is a great idea.
unique and useful...well done

Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up some black material today while out with the Wife and before delivering the ZR5 rims. Decided against suede. Went with something with a little texture and a little stretch. Sanded the insides of the box and am currently testing the spray adhesive to ensure it will hold as needed before final assembly. Pics tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:26 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I like. Very creative

the spray adhesive works real good
I think it should be fine