Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

03 blazer 4dr

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Bepjer28 is on a distinguished road
Default Update..

I got some lower price pair of led strips for the cargo area... I haven't mounted them because i want to mount them on the roof but I'm not sure how to do it... The roof is carpeted and the strips have adhesive tape on them... If nobody can cone up with a fix then my second option is verticle next to the gate and glass hatch... Any suggestions would be appreciated... Probably won't be until next month that i get the 4 pack for the front and back floor boards...

Old 08-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
looks like my girl when I first got her ah memories

Sky is the limit, well, and your budget...

Interior lighting wise, I opted for some LED modules stuck into the dome light that replaces the original festoon style bulb completely. SO much brighter.

Also installed some short white LED strips in the rear cargo area to light it up, because I haven't found an LED festoon bulb yet that will pop into the factory light socket and provide sufficient light... These little strips however were perfect.

Exterior wise, just let your imagination take control (well, to a point... stay away from "that isle" in Auto Zone...

how did you wire the lights to the rear dome lights? The problem I have is the wiring runs between the roof and metal beam... All the holes in the beam will be plugged so if i run the wires in there they will get cut or shorted...

Old 08-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Default Quick update

I figured out my rear LED lights... I had the ultimate ah-ha moment... As I had the back glass opened I was just staring at my broken rear defrost cable and it hit me like a ton of bricks... "They have to be ran through somewhere"... I ran inside grabbed an old wire coat hanger and ran the wire through... Yay now just to affix it in place...

Old 08-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Default Finally done with the cargo lights...

This is tapping into the rear cargo light... Under the tape are splice connecters... I spliced one light from the lines going to and the other on the side with the cargo light connecter... I spliced them together and taped for extra protection/hold...
This is how they illuminate at night... Please excuse the mess have not had time to clean it out...
next is some step lights and foot well lights... Also lights for the ac controls...

Old 08-31-2018, 04:56 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Whoa, nicely done on the cargo lights. Can't wait to see how the puddle lights turn out for you.