Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 02:07 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Running a 1994 almost stock here. I'd go for another one as well. 91 - 94.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:04 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
Running a 1994 almost stock here. I'd go for another one as well. 91 - 94.
Once you drop that new 4.3 in there you'll be stock+ for sure .

Belly pan is semi-permanently installed. I probably should have jacked the blazer up for more room to work. Ended up getting it slightly off center because of how I was laying. Not feeling like going back to re do it today, but I'll try to adjust fitment at some point in the future.

I did go for a drive to make sure the control arms, and oil pan weren't going to contact the belly pan. Seem to be all good. Only got it up to about 58, but again, just like the fans, it felt like there was some difference. Seemed like it took a bit less effort to maintain speed, and like there was a bit less air brake effect when I let off. I suspect there is also a slight benefit to cooling with improved airflow through the radiator.

Oh. . .and on closer examination my radiator doesn't appear to be leaking. I discovered that the hose going to the radiator overflow tank was completely clogged up with gunk, so pressure was bleeding out of the radiator cap. After cleaning the line out it's all good now.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:39 PM

Here are a couple pictures:

Cardboard Template, shows the shape I made to get it to clear the lower control arms and the oil pan.

Here it is installed. . .You can see I put it in a little off center.

One other thing. . . Wife got me a new toy for my birthday. Multi Function Inclinometer with GPS speedometer.

I think it ties in pretty well with the digital dash.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 04-26-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That's a nice little mod... nice gauge too...

Old 04-27-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
That's a nice little mod... nice gauge too...
Thanks Don! I just filled up the tank today, so time will tell whether there's any benefit beyond a bit of engine protection.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:22 AM

I guess I have gotten sucked back in and, and can't stop lol. . . Just ordered a new muffler finally! After 2+ years it's finally time to ditch the blown out 2.25in Turbo muffler that's on the blazer. It actually doesn't sound terrible, but it's leaking out the front and definitely hurting flow.

Upgrading to 2.5in Cherry Bomb Salute (SA-1226). . also ordered a cheap 2ft long 2.5in turn down / tail pipe. I couldn't get my caliper onto my intermediate pipe to measure, but the plan is to eventually remove all of the 2.25in pipe from the exhaust. True duals with an x-pipe would be cool, but I'm just not sure it's worth it, so going to stick with upgraded single exhaust.

Anyway, should hopefully come in by next week.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:31 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice addition. I'll have to come up with some mods to remove the dash quickly. Once the new engine goes in with all the mods I probably need the access.

I like these gauges - nice gift.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by error_401
Nice addition. I'll have to come up with some mods to remove the dash quickly. Once the new engine goes in with all the mods I probably need the access.

I like these gauges - nice gift.
Thank You. I try not to do too many chinese parts/gadgets, but some of these accessories do make nice upgrades. Good luck with the Dash. . .I haven't attempted to remove mine, but I know they're a PITA. I had been thinking of trying to do that and recover the whole thing in leather, but now that I have the molded dash cap I'm not going to bother.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:08 AM

Got my video of the Dual Electric Fan Install done:

New muffler should be here today, so hoping to get that installed, and the oil changed so I can go do a quick MPG test this weekend. . . .and finish my Tune-Up/MPG video.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:21 AM

New Muffler and Turn down showed up yesterday.

Here's what's left of the old muffler after I removed it. . . . Of course it was totally blown out and sounded like a rain stick when I flipped it over lol. The mangled pipe is from where I cut off the old hanger to reuse.

Also found another surprise lurking in the old muffler. Turns out not only was the muffler bad, but my Catalytic Converter is destroyed inside. These chunks below came out of the muffler after I removed it.

Unfortunately I hadn't planned to do the converter right now so I didn't order one with the muffler. So for now I just got all the loose chunks of converter out, and installed the new muffler. Just did a slip fit on everything with clamps so I can easily make changes in the future. Overall it wasn't too bad of a job. . . although the OE Intermediate pipe was a bit short for the slip fit, so I ended up cutting about 6-8in off the turn down pipe, that I welded to the intermediate pipe.

Here's an installed pic from the back.

Eventually I'd like to put a proper tail pipe back on it, but it will have to be 2.5in. . .2.25in is just unacceptable!

Still need to weld the hanger to the turn down, but just went for a real short test drive through the neighborhood. Lol it's somehow both louder, and quieter than it was before. Definitely has a deeper tone, and sounds much better since all the exhaust rattles are gone. I'll work on a putting together a short video of before vs after for the exhaust.

I'm also very pleased to report that even in the neighborhood I could feel an increase in performance. The engine revs more quickly, and freely than it did before. Definitely more power from a stop. Now I just need to go tack the hanger on so I can go test on the faster roads.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival