Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Coming along nicely.

My Blazer is running. I use it to go back and forth to my workplaces. Still running fine.
Engine is actually a second engine, so I can build while it still runs.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:58 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by error_401
Coming along nicely.

My Blazer is running. I use it to go back and forth to my workplaces. Still running fine.
Engine is actually a second engine, so I can build while it still runs.

Thanks. . . . Oh yeah that's right. I forgot the build was on a 2nd engine.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:12 PM

Still haven't gotten the torsion key off the bar, so no more progress on suspension. I did stop today and bought a larger hammer but haven't tried again yet. I had put a little heat on it the other day, but I'm going to try to head up the key a little more if the hammer alone doesn't free it.

My LED headlights finally showed up today, so I popped them in.

Here is a comparison, I had removed the dimmer of the two and replaced it with the LED:

Installed:

It definitely cleans up, and updates the front a little. Seems to be a brighter, clearer light. . we'll see once I can get it outside again, but should be an improvement.

Not sure I'm totally in love with the multiple LED look as it seems a little busy, but I'm happy with them. . . and was cheaper than two new "good" sylvania's

Old 06-21-2018, 07:12 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

Those look awesome! I'm planning on getting a set for mine, but haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Those look awesome! I'm planning on getting a set for mine, but haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.
Thanks. Crappy photos, and I left the protective plastic on for now, so will look even better with that removed and with some good pics.

So I just read about Chevrolet unveiling the new blazer model for 2019. . .
https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...all-new-blazer

I have mixed feelings. While I think this is certainly one of their better looking, recent, suv designs. . .it doesn't look very rugged to me at all. I still for the life of me don't understand why GM didn't do with the Blazer with Jeep did with the Cherokee . . .keep the rugged design and continue to refine it.

I know jeep finally ruined that a couple years ago with the new "fiat" cherokee, which I find hideous.

Toyota and the 4 runner are prob the best example now. . .they did a full redesign but kept the "awesomness" lol. At least ascetically, I haven't yet been in a late model 4 runner. There are like 50 different crossover suvs that are just homogenized, oversized sedans . . .they need to stop trying to make all vehicles the exact same.

Ok, rant over. . .

Old 06-22-2018, 10:25 AM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

I completely agree. I think it’s a great-looking vehicle, but they shouldn’t have used the Blazer name on it. It’s kind of like if Dodge had put the Ramcharger name on the Journey.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:21 PM

@stevbre1 . . Right? This should have just been the new equinox, or envoy. Even trailblazer since they already ruined that name back in 02 lol. (wasn't a terrible vehicle, but wasn't worthy of the name IMHO)

Also. . .the new BFH did the trick, no heat required. Torsion bar and control arm are now free. . OE ball joint removed, so making progress again.

Will hopefully get this done by the end of the weekend. Also, finally picked up a Grant install kit, so will try to get the new Steering wheel installed too.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM

So of course I didn't get everything finished this weekend. . .

Got the Pass side about 90% back together, and disassembled the driver side. . .went much faster. Also tried doing things a little differently, without removed the half shaft. This method worked, but I ended up tearing the CV Boot, so now I have to take the shaft out anyway, and put a new boot on.

I also damaged the end of the outer tie rod separating from the knuckle, so I'm going to have to get a set of outers. I guess I should have ordered all the Moog stuff, since now I'm going to have to just use whatever I can get a hold of the quickly.

Found a good price from Napa, so going to order those to pick up tomorrow. Will try to get back out an finish rebuilding the driver side CA today, so I can wrap it all up tomorrow after I get the TREs.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:59 PM

TREs came in early, so picked those up along with a CV boot, and set of brake pads (got grease on the old ones)

Just finished mounting the LCA back to the frame, but can't find my ball joint hardware, so will have to go back to the store.

Also forgot to mention before, the Wheel Hub assembly I ordered got cancelled, and I'm not about to pay almost 3x for one from the store. Upon closer inspection the old one from the pass side I swapped before is in much better shape, so I'm going to reinstall that one on the driver side for now.

Driver side bearing was definitely shot, so that's where a lot of my noise was coming from.

Still looking like I should finish tomorrow, after I pick up some bolts and more grease for the CV joint (boot kit didn't have enough)

Old 06-26-2018, 04:25 PM

A little after the fact, but here are a few pics. I once again didn't really stop to take good pictures and document the whole process.

Old bushings, Pass side wasn't horrible:

Driver Side: (This explains my leaning right turns)

Pass Side rebuilt:

I just got everything all back together and drove down the street. Alignment is definitely further out now than it was before, but seems like it drives better. That last little bit of body roll seems to be gone now. Can't wait to drive after everything is aligned.

I still need to adjust the T-bars a bit more, as I've got it about 3/4" higher on the pass side. Overall with cranking I've got the front end up about 1" higher than it was, and is about the perfect height to me.

I should have taken pictures of it, but I first dropped it down without the T-bar bolts cranked down. . . holy crap was the front end low, and had a super rake going on lol.

Another note, seems the swapped wheel hub worked too. Didn't get it up over 35 but I couldn't hear any more bearing noise like before. .

Lastly, Here's a better pic of the headlights with the protective plastic removed.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 06-26-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival