Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Well not much has happened, but I finally got started working on the blazer again.

Started removing the transfer case again, but didn't feel like getting covered in fluid so left that to drain.

Switched to pulling the pass side upper control arm. Got the old ball joint removed. Must have been original because was still riveted in. Didn't seem terrible but the boot was torn.

Was going to change out the bushings as well but I need a new torch head to heat up and remove the old ones.

Will stop and get a new torch tomorrow and hopefully work on it a bit more. Going to install shocks, ball joints, hubs, and the rest of the poly bushings while it's up on the stands this time. Prob throw on a new set of brake pads too even though it's not necessary.

Don't want too much disassembled at once so I'll prob finish the upper control arm and then finish pulling the trans back out.

On a side note 3 weeks ago I had a guy on a Harley do a hit an run, trying to pass me in my DD audi, so trying to get the blazer up and running enough for them to trade places in the garage. Need to put a new fender, and prob replace a few suspension components on the audi. . just another project I didn't need. . .

Old 10-03-2017, 09:19 AM

Spent a couple more hours in the garage yesterday. Hit a snag again when I realized I have neither the 3/8" Hex bit, or 36mm socket to finish disassembling the brakes/hub. Will stop and pick those up today. . .idk how I keep coming up with tools I don't have. . .

I did pick up a new torch, so finished the upper control arm and got that reinstalled. Hopefully I'll notice a good improvement with the poly bushings.

Since I got stuck I started trying to repair my dented front bumper. Using my bottle jack and some 2x4s I tried to push it back out, but no real luck. Hard to get the angle right and support the jack. Also had to destroy the bumper light to get it out because it was pinned by the bumper. Will keep trying . .new bumper isn't too much $$ but I would prefer to save the money.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

How come I can't see any of the pictures?

Old 10-09-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lefet
How come I can't see any of the pictures?
Not sure, I'm having the same problem. Noticed when I got back on the other day none of my pics are showing up. Looks like the IMG code is gone from the posts now.

Admins/Moderators . . .any ideas?

I guess I can go back through everything and repost the img links. All the pics are in my Albums on here so idk why the links went down. Albums are still up though.

In other news ended up having to work most of the weekend so didn't accomplish much. I did finish up the new hub install on the Pass side. . . only to realize the new hub is defective, so going to have to pull it apart again and change for the other new one.

Also noticed the old hub/bearing seemed ok, so guessing it was probably the CV joint that was making noise. Will see once it's driving again.

I did drain the rest of the trans. . .whole house smells of trans fluid again . .yay Hopefully I can take a little time off this week to get the trans done so I don't feel like I live in a shop.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:28 PM

Ok. I think I've fixed all the posts with new image links. New server so all the old links were dead.

Also, here are a few more new pics from my hub work. . that I get to do again lol. Seems to be a trend here. . .

Lastly for anyone that reads this and may know. . . Do 2nd gen bull bars fit on 1st gens? . .or is there a good option for 1st gens? I'm really wanting to add a bull/push bar once it's on the road. I've done a fair amount of searching and haven't seen a clear answer yet. Guessing pretty much any are going to need modified to fit, but I'd like to find something that's close.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:12 AM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Thanks for reposting all of the pictures, and the play by play. I'm thoroughly enjoying following your progress! It looks really nice all buffed and waxed, makes me want to get out there and do it to mine.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:05 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

I just read through most of this thread. Your Blazer is absolutely beautuful! I was hoping to find one like it, but couldn't find anything around here. Ended up settling for my green Bravada. I'm sorry about all of the problems you've encountered trying to fix the transmission. Have you gotten anywhere with it over the last few weeks?

Old 11-20-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
I just read through most of this thread. Your Blazer is absolutely beautuful! I was hoping to find one like it, but couldn't find anything around here. Ended up settling for my green Bravada. I'm sorry about all of the problems you've encountered trying to fix the transmission. Have you gotten anywhere with it over the last few weeks?
Thank you sir. I think I said it at the beginning, but I did pass on a Pristine White Bravada myself, so I know what you mean. It had beige interior too, which I really, really didn't want. Still wishing I'd have bought the Immaculate 94 Blazer that was exactly like mine.

Unfortunately no new progress. . About a week after my last post my DD Audi dropped an axle on my way home from work, so ended up having to make some emergency repairs. I had intended to work some this weekend, but ended up having too much that needed done around the house.

Hoping with Thanksgiving this week I can get some down time to work more. Just need to pop the last 3 bellhousing bolts and drop the trans out. I've been dreading the thought of being covered in ATF so that hasn't really helped my motivation.

Thanks for checking out my build, and commenting. I'll try to get some stuff done soon and hopefully post an update with some good progress.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:08 PM

Well finally got back out in the garage today and actually got some work done on the blazer. Took a few pics on my phone, but nothing really "new" to see.

Pulled the trans back apart once more. Oddly the sprag didn't seem installed backwards. I took it all apart and put it back together checking both manuals I have, so I'm pretty positive it's correct. . .I am now concerned about putting the trans back in, only to find out there is still a problem.

Probably going to spend some more time checking and reading before it reinstall.

Also, swapped out the new hub/wheel bearing assembly I had installed that was defective. Time will tell if this solved the front end noise, or if it's the axles. Most likely is the axle, but funds are a little tighter right now so I'll wait until I'm sure before ordering more parts.

I need to go get a new front pump seal for the trans before I can put back together, so no more work today. Hoping to spend a few more hours this week. . . .lol family is coming to visit soon so trying to finish some of my projects so I don't have to hear about it.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 02-04-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-04-2018, 02:20 PM

Also, Forgot to Mention that I got lucky with the broken front pump bolt. There was about 1/3" of it sticking out of the case when I removed the pump.

So I was able to get a pair of vice grips on and just unscrew it. . . Nice and easy, which I really appreciate, since most things don't seem to work out that way. I was expecting a nightmare of drilling and tapping.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival