Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I hope to have some pictures with the SAS kit on by this week end , but I don't know for sure , we have 4 other trucks getting built right now also . They are all still going to be bigger than my s10 , but I don't want a real big truck I just want enough ground clearance so I am not dragging my frame every where like I used to . I took my wifes friend for a ride through the mud pit with the blazer yesterday and she loved it and so did I , I love the edelbrock carb when the secondaries kick in its just crazy sounding . This week I will probably buy the ratchet shifter from B & M and I think I going to get a shift kit for the transmission . I am very exited and can't wait to get the sas done I hope its as awesome as I think its going to be .

I gave a bunch of girls a ride to the cabin tonight and blew the dam oil line off again , this is the last time thats going to happen , I'm buying hydrullic lines for the remote oil filter . When it blows the line off it loses all the oil in a matter of seconds , I'm glad I have the oil gauge there . But it really sucks losing 70 dollars worth of oil in three seconds , and my hands are burnt with blisters from accidently touching the exhaust several times , I will not let it happen again I know that .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Today we mounted the front axle hanger and did a bunch of measuring . My blazer is going to be about 12 to 16 inches taller , with the stock jeep springs . We worked most of the day on my friends rear 1952 duce and a half axle , its got a locker and all new bearings and our own home made spring perches . I will get some more pictures I forgot the camera today but I wish I brought it , there was 7 guys drinking and working on mud trucks . We had a good time today , and my truck is coming along great.

The springs are not stock springs , the jeep must have had a lift installed at some point , so thats why It's going to be so tall . I will not be able to complete the front axle this week end because the front end rebuild kit is not here yet , and I don't want to do it while its under the truck . And I think these mud trucks has ended another relationship thats two now , its just so time consuming , thank god my wife is cool . But even she gets a little pissed sometimes .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-10-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sweet cant wait to see the sas on =) hows every thing else ? the kids?

Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 AM

Tell me about it John , I can't wait either , I'll get some pictures today and maybe a video . I'm heading to the the shop in a few and this time I won't forget the camera . Today we have to make motor mounts for my sisters jeep , the same truck I beat last year to take first place , and hes got 38 ground hogs , and my little blazer pulled one out of its rear . And John I have to borrow a pulley puller in order to get the power steering pulley off , it won't budge , and I can't get to the bolts with it on . I'll be back tonight with photos , Have a great day everyone .

Old 03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea i thought the pully would had to come off

Msg me tonight ill see ya later

also cant wait for pictures

Old 03-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Theres a bunch so here we go , I must have welded to long today because my eyes are on fire .
Heres a bunch of pictures from the excusion it has a v 10 and is nitrous injected

And this is my sisters jeep its got a 350 in it now we had to make engine mounts today for it .

And heres my blazer with the front spring hanger installed ,

And heres the big old duce and a halfs there 1952 before rockwell made them they are timkin axles .

Old 03-12-2012, 06:57 PM

I couldn't see anything till about 10:30 this morning , I hate when that happens . Once I was able to see I went out to the shop and fixed the exhaust flange ( traded the ford one out for the 4.3 one ) and welded that back together . Then I started working on the fire wall , I desided not to do the dimond plate because there is so many bends . But I had the old front doors from the blazer , I cut the peices I needed out of them . I have it 3/4 of the way closed in , tomorrow I have to finish the area around the gas pedal . It sounds better with already in the cab .Also my front end rebuild kit for the dana 30 came today , so I'll try and get that rebuilt tomorrow to . I think we have a name for the blazer , it's got a ford engine chevy frame and body and jeep axles , ( Forcheep ) Thats a good name for it , my buddie eddie came up with it . To bad none of the parts were forcheep .

Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM

Yesterday i rebuilt one of the drivers side cab mounts and worked on the fire wall , and I tore the Dana 30 front axles apart for the rebuild , I'm going to put it together tonight . Today I'm just enjoying the day , I drove the blazer all the way to my dads house this morning , he's a Vietnam vet and he's not been doing to good . He came to my house during the winter when I had the engine in pieces and was so excited and said he had to see it run . I miss my day alot , I'm 35 years old and we used to be best friends , we did everything together , and now I'm lucky to see him once a year . And now its getting so he don't even know who I am , and its killing me .

Old 03-19-2012, 06:23 PM

I know I haven't posted in a couple days but I didn't want to be a first page hog . So I have been working on the blazer everyday , the front end rebuild was a disaster , what a pain in the a** . I had it all together 3 times and every time it would bind up when I tightened the bearing cap bolts , I finally got so mad I had to ride away so I hopped on the bike and went to my old bosses garage and asked his advise , he said to just reuse my old shims if I was using the same ring and pinion gears , so I did and shes back together . I never want to do that again , its just friggen amazing what 1 thousandths of inch can change things . I'm making progress just doesn't seem it right now . As far as the blazer its self heck I have been driving it all over , before it was a low riding v6 awesome mud machine , right now its a low riding v8 super bada** awesome mud throwing machine , soon I hope it will be a high riding v8 super bada** awesome mud throwing machine .

Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 PM
BF Guru

glad the front ends together man .. I hope those tech articals I gave you helped

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe