Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea , there ya go , it should be worth the ride , when you can come out here .

Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Beginning Member
spatula6554 is on a distinguished road

Everyone looks inferior compared to a professional; that is why they are professionals. I doubt it is the weld that will go bad first anyways!

Things are looking great and don't think you are getting nowhere on it...you are furthering the commercial procurement side (swampers and semi bumper / grill) rather than the technical build side!

Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM

I can see I'm getting somewhere but theres not really nothing to take a picture of , yet . At least on my blazer , I do have more pictures from yesterday , they are of the wheels we're making for the excursion .
This is before I cleaned it with the wire wheel

This is after cleaning

My Buddie Jordie grinding the skulls to fit the wheel

Welding the skulls onto the wheels

and the skulls are all welded on

And heres the new welder , it's 220 , I'm hoping this will get the job done .

And today I hope to get the front end welded and bolted in , so I can get the wheels on and see how much I'm going to have to lift the rear . One of the guys building a mud truck with us just put a 6 inch lift in his 84 step side Chevy with 38 swamper's , and my blazer has a good 3 inches on it , with my tires not on yet , my axle is almost on the ground . He couldn't believe it and to be honest I can't either . Also the slight problem I thought I had with the u-bolts is not a problem the plate that the u-bolts bolt to are made to fit a larger u-bolt , 3 inch on the inside and a 2 1/2 inch wide on the out side. Because the inside u-bolt has to be bigger to fit over the case and the smaller one is on the axle tube itself .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 04-02-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Adding to post
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Those skulls look interesting but incredibly thin... I'd also be a bit worried about the chunk taken out of the bead on that rim?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM

It's a split rim , that comes off to get the tire on , I'll ask but I think thats the way they are supposed to be .

Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
It's a split rim , that comes off to get the tire on , I'll ask but I think thats the way they are supposed to be .

Really? I have never heard of anything like that before...interesting.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM

I have had some experience with split rims but never on a Chevy truck , these are military wheels . I have split bead rims on my manure spreader and my step dad works for the town and there plow trucks also have split rims . I thought I heard something awhile back saying there not legal to run them on the road anymore but I don't know how true that is , and he doesn't seem to be to worried about it . This is his 6th mudd truck that he has built , so he does know what he's doing . He said you can buy these same rims online for $250 a piece .

Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Today managed to get the perches welded on , I tacked it with the wire feed welder and then carried the axle over to the arc welder and burnt them in real good , there not coming off . I have to get two more u-bolts tomorrow and lug nuts and the front can be dropped back down . Then I can figure out how much lift I'm going to need in the rear , I should have some pictures tomorrow night to share .

Old 04-02-2012, 08:04 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

if you put the rear under the springs with lift blocks i think you should be fine

or it might be to high .... maybe just the rear under the springs ?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 AM

The jeep rear is going under the leaf springs and I'm still going to need 3 to 5 inch perches . Plus I have to make a cross member and maybe a clocking ring to angle the transfer case down a little bit more .

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe