Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Blazer - Sorta build

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Beginning Member
Randy S. Hager is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 Blazer - Sorta build

Not going to do the frame anytime soon. Too dang hot here for all that. It seems like things are taking forever to get done. I got to finish the exhaust, the whole front end, fill everything up with it's proper lubricants. Looks like I need to get new rear leafs because these are almost totally flat. I don't think the Add-A-Leaf would help them beside they have those hideous cheap rear shackles on there...NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ordered new torsion keys and rear shackles. Looks like I'm dropping the gas tank too...can't get the unloading tool between the tank and the torsion bar rear mount. might as well do the fuel pump and strainer while it's out.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Beginning Member
Default 1995 Blazer - Sorta Build

Was out shopping today for something new! Popped in to buy another set of rear springs. (Z85) For $30 each couldn't pass them up. They asked me to go out in the yard with then and look what I found...YES BOTH of them I bought! Paid more for the hitch then the spare carrier! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Also got some bumper end caps as mine are junk. Not a bad haul for just a few hours out looking. Gota get this thing done!!! After it cools down I have another project waiting on me! (check first picture in thread - behind Blazer) My son can work on it since it will officially be his after he passes his drivers test and him and I do a familiarization test drive...on and off road! I'll update after some work to it this weekend!

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Blazer - Sorta build-new20blazer20parts_zpsvjnfswpk.jpg  
Old 07-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

thats a sweet find! mine came with a factory class 3 hitch that i restored but that one looks pretty decent for the price. the spare tire carrier should look really nice on yours . Do you plan on painting the carrier?

Old 07-28-2016, 06:20 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Luckily mine came with a factory hitch. I just wire wheeled it and painted it this weekend. I thought about getting one of those tire carriers especially when my spare tire mount broke. I got a used hoist for $8.50 so I just stuck with that. $30 each for the springs is a pretty good deal.

Last edited by Tajohns34; 07-28-2016 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:11 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks guys...paint will be added at a later date..... as a matter of fact the tire carrier will be added at a later date. Thing is still up on jack stands and all 4 wheels/tires are off. Been lazy!!!! This weekend will be for working on the Blazer to get the tank dropped and take out the L/H torsion bar and get the old front end stuff off. Maybe I'll wire wheel that area of the frame and undercoat it. Trans and transfer case is still empty so need that done. OH yeah....rear needs filled back up too! Lets see how far I get this weekend!

Randy

Old 07-30-2016, 12:19 AM
Starting Member

good luck with that. that is not easy work. typical blazer thing when things aren't broke it will break something for you. I got a big exhaust leak on the cat converter. sounds like a tank coming down the street. thats my next project when the new one gets here ordered a magnaflow stainless steel one

Old 07-31-2016, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member
mark1025 is on a distinguished road

lookin good. The tranny bolts on blazers are a real butt kicker. Im not looking forward to ever taking one out again.
Well out to look at why my trans is not shifting right.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry guy's........no updates as of yet. Hit 100F for a few days this week so guess where I was!!! INSIDE...yep! Last weekend I was doing maintenance on my 08 Equinox namely replacing a totally blown harmonic balancer.

Only seen one other balancer do this and it was on my 1965 Corvair. All fixed now and it runs smoother....maybe just my imagination! I will try to get back on this build and see how far I can get before the end of the month.

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Blazer - Sorta build-img_20160730_160508_zpscbxt8b7p.jpg  
Old 08-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Starting Member

yeh no rush. it is too hot to be doing any work outside these days. the last thing i did on mine was put a fresh new grill on it and then paint behind it. looks good with a nice black rad support behind it.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Beginning Member

Well here is the progress for this weekend. Got a warning from the city to have this done by the 15th. I gota get this thing done! Anyway Saturday I got the rear completed…new spring installed and shoes adjusted and wheels back on and diff filled with lube!

This Sunday I almost got the left side totally complete. Only thing left on that side is the caliper (notice where the caliper is at in the photo) and then tension the torsion bar. After all that I can get the tank back in place.

I will get the right side completed this weekend and have it ready to get an alignment done. The “Warning” I got also mentioned “Inspected” too!

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Blazer - Sorta build-rear20all20done...finally_zpshgngcxkm.jpg   1995 Blazer - Sorta build-front%2520left%2520side...done_zps057b4thv.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1995 Blazer - Sorta build