Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Blazer - Sorta build

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Aw dude that sucks, I just had to replace my transmission for the FOURTH time a couple months ago. It sucked but doing it myself was cheaper than having a shop do it Is it a bad thing I seem to have experience with 4l60e's lol. But good luck and I hope you fix her. You have been doing so much work recently to it like I was when mine went and it is the worst feeling

Last edited by 95teal4x4; 08-15-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member
Randy S. Hager is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 Blazer - Sorta Build

Well here is the prognosis of the transmission aliment. It was a simple fix since it was only the plug that goes into the pressure port on the left side. (see picture)

This little piece was left out during the checkout procedure on the transmission. A new procedure needs to be written to make sure and install that plug before taking it off the test stand. Anyway...it is all fix and will have it back home tomorrow. Now it seems that something is amiss with the 4WD. The trans shop said it keeps trying to engage. That needs to be fixed before I head to the inspection station. OH......need to have an alignment done!

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Blazer - Sorta build-3bef0178-f0b3-4941-a394-5ecb028ea1ae_zpsmemd9ip9.png  
Old 08-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Starting Member

Oh well that's great that it was something so simple. And you dont need a new transmission this means you can continue the build, keep it up. I love the things you are doing to it

Old 08-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Beginning Member

Small update.....Since I got the Blazer back from the transmission shop it has been sitting. Will as usual before anything was touched it all functioned just fine.(except no reverse in old trans) So now since I've taken it apart and put it all together NOW the stupid transfer case vacuum switch is acting up and is stuck trying to engage the front axle. OK...simple fix but NO ONE around here has them in stock so I ordered one online. If it stops raining I can get it installed and head off the get it aligned and inspected/registered and drive it. I want to get some nice used tires that are a little bigger than the 205-75's that are on it now. Hate those stock aluminum rims but the will have to do as the spacers I got on eBay need to be modified (as usual) for hub centric on the outer portion too for the Camaro 16" steel "spare" rims. I guess all in due time. It's been several years since North Texas has a lot of snow so we might be due.....and I now have a 4X4!
Of course most of the heavy snow we've had comes in January so I have some time to prepare! After I get it all done I will post more pictures of what it looks like with the rims painted flat black and the used tires I get for it.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:28 PM
Starting Member

Well I have heard that is a very common problem with these cars. I think mine did it a while back. Some of the vacuum designs in these cars are a little bazaar. My blazer has a set of cooper cobra radial g/t's on it. Size is 255/70/R15. They rub a little at maximum turn but other than that, they are great. They don't make much road noise, look good and ride smooth. Maybe a new set is a little above on your budget but a nice set of 235/75/R15's might be in your view.

Old 08-30-2016, 04:49 PM
Beginning Member

Well a very small update! It is all legal to drive here in Texas. That is as far as I gotten right now. Ordered new adapters for the Camaro 16" wheels and the adapters are hub centric on both sides. No wobble, wobble for this vehicle! NOW.....to go get tires and my son should have his drivers license within the next two weeks....I hope. Still have a howling noise under the front and I can't tell if it is the trans or the front differential. Time to pull the plug and see if it has lube. Never howled before so I just hope it's not that NEW transmission!!!!! Any who.....will post some more pictures after I get new shoes on it! I have an INNOVA 3100 scanner but........can't communicate with the ECM! Got SES and ANTI-LOCK lights on. Has anyone had any luck with the 3100 reading the OBD1.5. Had it set on 1996 Blazer but it's still a no go!

Old 08-30-2016, 05:31 PM
Starting Member
Smile

Ah i'm glad to see you are posting again. I just painted the top of my rad support today. by some miracle it was in the low 80's today in South Jersey. I also touched up a few scratches. the howling definitely sounds like the differential. Glad there is no wobble and just in time for your son to get his license. He will love it, i'm 17 myself and just got mine in January and I love mine

Old 08-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Beginning Member

He will be 17 in November. Haven't got those adapters just yet so I haven't got tires on there yet. Just need to drive it a little more to see what is going on under there! I'm glad I don't have to craw under there any more.......for now at least.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Starting Member

yeh that's true, wheel work you don't have to crawl under it and with these blazers, you don't even have to jack them up to look under it. they have their perks

Old 09-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Beginning Member

Well.....sorry I haven't posted in a while. Lot's of other things to do on other things! Got new wheel adapters that are hub centric on vehicle and on wheels so I can go get tires for the 16" Camaro steelies. Might be next week before I can get to that but..........I'll post then with PICTURES!!!! Looking at either 255/70-16 or 245/75-16. The will be used tires but the place I buy these from have at least 75% tread left. Got some bumper end caps to put on but they need to be painted white like the Blazer so I hope to have it all done so my son can start driving it. Will post the pictures as soon as I get all that completed.

Later.....
Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

Quick Reply: 1995 Blazer - Sorta build