Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 Blazer - Sorta build

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Looking good! Obviously the city hasn't learned the saying "you can't rush perfection". I still have to restore my diff too and it is impossibly hot outside. But keep it up and people are gonna think it's new!

Old 08-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
Randy S. Hager is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 Blazer - Sorta Build

Almost 11 years ago I moved to that sleepy little town to get away from the nosy neighbors that want everybody to be "just like them" but, looks like they have invaded this little town and want to make it in the image of a "big city"! I don't and haven't wanted to start a "junk yard" at my home! So now that they want the COMMIE cookie cutter neighborhoods I'll have to get the little things fix on my house and find someplace else that will allow me to work on my vehicles even to the point of leaving them on jack stands for an extended period. Aside from that small point...I'm almost finished with this project. Gota tackle that pitman arm after the right side is finished. I want to drive this thing again with all new parts. Gona be a blast for sure.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Starting Member

Yeh there is another thing to add to my list.... a pitman arm. Got a little play in the steering wheel but it's not at all bad. I hate people that are like that. That are normal, and want everyone else to be normal. People can be different. It's a free country, we can do what we want to a certain extent. Besides if everyone was the same, life would be pretty dull. I like to be different myself.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member

Well... I really dislike not being able to do things on your own property. It is actually owned by your neighbors and the city or county. If either one doesn't like what you've done or disagree with your view.........they make a code (law) or get a judge to MAKE you do it their way. That to me...isn't the Freedom I served my country for! I'll have it done before the dead line so I'm not worried about them hauling off the Blazer that I have so much money into. I hope that the computer will learn fast so I can get it inspected and registered so I can drive it......FINALLY!!!

Old 08-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Starting Member

yeh at least you can get it done, so they don't tow it. I swear cars drive better when you take care of them. Blazer's have their quirks but they are definitely a pleasure to drive. I just brush painted my one wheel well with bedliner. the metal was faded and looked grey. it came out looking so nice. yours probably looks the same. i would suggest it. ill be watching it and testing it for about a week until i do the other side. im gonna spray my back wheel wells out of a can.

Attached Thumbnails 1995 Blazer - Sorta build-20160809_163708.jpg  
Old 08-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member

Going to have to wait till all the blood has dissipated from the water to let the sharks disperse. Since it would seem they are going to watch my every move......I'll wait them out. I got the other project to start once it cools down! I have a sun net that I attached onto the garage and it hangs down over the door. After I get the junk cleaned out of it I can pull it in there and the net will conceal my activities!

Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Starting Member

They are sharks aren't they? But yeh I just do the little things so I can still drive mine while I'm tinkering with it

Old 08-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I could see it you had a meth lab or something, but seriously why can't people mind their own business. I hate that it is getting more and more common place for communities to not allow you to work on your own car on your own property.

Last edited by Tajohns34; 08-11-2016 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
mark1025 is on a distinguished road

Some "free" country we have. I am tired of the way the government is now. I think they forget they work for us.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Beginning Member

Tajohns34.......you don't own your own property......your neighbors, city, and of course the one whom will come an take it away from you if you don't pay your protection money...er....TAX money.......the County!

mark1025....they work for themselves of course! See how they wine and dine you for your vote then.........make sure the steak knife is deep in your back!

NOW.....on build news! Let me preface it with this old TV intro line........the thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat... Well I got it all done on Sunday even at around 5pm. I'm totally burnt up and I take a short break. Well after all that...I start putting fluid into the transmission to fill up the pan and then start it to pump fluid into the converted. That all went well until I shut it down and was about to go and add more fluid...that's when a BIG puddle of transmission fluid met me as I closed the door! MY HEART JUST SANK! Upon further investigation all that fluid was coming from the left side of the transmission! There is NOTHING on that side what was leaking or as it really was....SPRAYED out from that side. I had it hauled off to a good transmission shop and called the people I bought it from to start the warranty process. It has 5years - 100,000 mile warranty so as I suspect it has a cracked case on the left side somewhere.

Quick Reply: 1995 Blazer - Sorta build