Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Blazer, needs a bit of character and babying

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Brake lines stuck! Gas line duck for that matter too lol... after I had to pay out the *** for a shop to ro mine, i turned around and bought the tools and did my own. Save three times the amount of money i would pay for the line! Just a pain you do it lol... best of luck and hope it goes smoothly. How she running otherwise now a days?

Old 03-23-2019, 08:43 AM
959900s10blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Brake lines stuck! Gas line duck for that matter too lol... after I had to pay out the *** for a shop to ro mine, i turned around and bought the tools and did my own. Save three times the amount of money i would pay for the line! Just a pain you do it lol... best of luck and hope it goes smoothly. How she running otherwise now a days?
Man I thought long and hard for about 5 months on if I should just throw the shoes on her, load her on a buddy's trailer and take her to the shop. I knew the rear brake line wasn't going to be as fun and easy as the front, and by no means was it, but it's done and now that I've done it (never really messed with brake lines before) feel more confident in doing it on the other side. Always a plus!
Currently not running. Not any mechanical problems! Just the battery is shot and while I didn't have brakes figured it was stupid to spend money on a battery.
However, now that you ask, I remember it started to do something stupid, almost like my 95 did. When I drove it the whole two weeks last summer she started to lose power every once in a while. The RPM would drop, the light would start flashing, and after about 5-10 seconds it would go away. I'm having bad flashbacks to when I paid $800 to have a new spider injection fuel system put in on that old one. When I get her back on the road I'm gonna put a full tank in and throw some seafoam in there and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, I'll take it to a shop to get an idea of what it is. If it's not too much, I'll replace. If it's $800 or more, I'll run it as is for a year or so until I do my 5.3 Swap.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Beginning Member
Frank Bukowski is on a distinguished road

I use seafoam all the time , it works great !! I know because I have used it in a engine with 291, ooo miles on it & it kept the plugs & o2 sensors from gumming up with oil !

Old 03-23-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Bukowski
I use seafoam all the time , it works great !! I know because I have used it in a engine with 291, ooo miles on it & it kept the plugs & o2 sensors from gumming up with oil !
seafoam is what I believe in. My papaw told me that was what to use, and anything he said was gospel. It worked good on the 95, so why not the 00?

Old 03-23-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Bukowski
seafoam is what I believe in. My papaw told me that was what to use, and anything he said was gospel. It worked good on the 95, so why not the 00?

Old 09-04-2019, 06:42 PM

Well,

I've since turned 21 (yay to me) and am able to drink when working on vehicles which helps a bit with my anger and little patience.

Brakes are still doing something stupid. It's not the axle bearing (atleast, I don't think) it's something with the actual brakes. They're a tight fit and rub constantly. May eventually have to take her to a shop to see if they can figure it out.

I went off roading for a bit a while ago to do some target practice on some local haul roads, and somehow cracked one of the plastic radiator tanks. Got a new one and finished flushing the whole system and about to put the new one on.

In the mean time, enjoy this picture of her on dirt.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:28 PM

Unfortunate update.

It seems like I haven't been updating this a lot, and it's not lack of trying, I've had planned to buy a lift and to buy some wheels and to do this and that, but it's not even a DD yet. I replaced the radiator with a brand new AC Delco one, and I was hoping I was done with my adventures of the cooling system. No, because the same day after I got home from work, my truck was smoking and had no coolant in it. I got sick and tired of working on it and working on it, so I finally took it to the shop since I knew it was the intake gasket. I didn't want to do that job with my schedule and with cold weather already here in Kentucky, it's not long until I only have the blazer to drive.

Maybe after tax season more fun stuff will come. Only time will tell.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:02 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Dont lose hope! They are great little rides. Looking foward to hearing back when the time comes!

Old 10-17-2019, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by DonL
Dont lose hope! They are great little rides. Looking foward to hearing back when the time comes!
Not losing hope! Just, tired for a little while. I won't jinx myself, so I'll keep it hushed. Here's to the hope tax season is the season of giving!

Old 11-01-2020, 10:25 PM

It’s been a long and stressful year.

In one year this truck came to be my only daily driver. I’ve had security light troubles that would keep it from starting, now it starts but the security light is constantly on, the check engine light is on and I don’t even know why, and the sunroof wont close all the way something is making that not work properly.

but she runs. She’s my driver. She’s been what keeps me sane the past few months, god bless this little blazer. And I intend to keep her until the wheels fall off.

I haven’t gotten to do anything major. Gotta change the oil soon but otherwise she’s a beast. Just wanted to update everyone that I’ve not fallen off the face of the earth, not yet, and neither has she.