Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Boring Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017 | 07:41 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Gauges look sweet! I did mine with blue LEDs a while ago, I ordered bulbs that came with sockets from "partsam" on Amazon that twisted right in with no wiring. Your wiring looks clean though, looks like it worked out nicely.

Falkens are supposed to be great tires- i know a few people who've had good luck with them

Old 07-25-2017 | 06:09 PM
|
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

The tires showed up today, I will grab a picture on Thursday since they are in my parents' garage. I want to get them on this weekend. I should also have a set of LED low beams showing up tomorrow. My HIDs keep cutting out on one side or the other so I am going all LED. Right now the blazer is at the shop for motor mounts and state inspection. I figured getting the motor mounts and state inspection done for $300 was a pretty good deal.

Old 07-31-2017 | 07:17 PM
|

Swapped this garbage out last week.

Got rid of the HID headlights and switched to all LEDs with the quad mod.

Old 07-31-2017 | 07:23 PM
|

So, these guys showed up on Tuesday of last week

Got them mounted up on Saturday morning

The tread is way more aggressive than I expected but I am fine with that. I only put about 100 miles on them this weekend but no issues so far. I thought they might be loud on the highway but they are not.

Old 07-31-2017 | 07:46 PM
|

I am going to Carlisle on Sunday and then we leave for the beach on Monday. So I wanted to take care of a bunch of stuff before then. I put loc tite on the set screws for the steering joint replaced my spark plugs (I realized that the plugs haven't been changed since May of 2014) and air filter which was torn and leaking causing P0171 and P0174 codes. I broke the number 1 cylinder wire when I pulled it off. The only ones that Advance had in stock was drive works (no). So I got an Accel kit that you can use to build your own wire. I had a tough time getting the end off of the stock wire and on to the Accel kit but eventually it worked out. The other end fit the spark plug perfectly. I drove it a lot yesterday and to work today, it ran better with no CEL.

Red spark plug wire

This week I have some other stuff to take care of. My Sirius won't stay on, I think I have a solution for that, my left front speaker is now cutting in and out and my new dash bulbs are flickering. I don't want to be driving 4 hours each way with any of those issues. Also the blazer is filthy inside and out.

Last edited by Tajohns34; 07-31-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-31-2017 | 08:03 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

How do you like the LEDs compared to the HIDs so far?
It looks good with those meaty tires on there.

Glad to hear you got your accel wires to work, I gave up on mine when the rubber boots they supplied kept popping off he plug and just bought a pre made set lol

Old 07-31-2017 | 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Loving this tires. Thinking about grabbing a pair, they kinda look like the Goodyear Wrangler druratrac's I got for my winters. How much did it run you with shipping I you don't mind me asking?

Old 07-31-2017 | 09:55 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Those tires look nice. I just replaced my other two so all mine are new otherwise I would strongly consider those. Those oil cooler lines are garbage. The only thing worse than them is having to get them out. And I have been considering putting led' s in my headlights as well. Or at least my high beams. How do they perform compared to the hid's?

Old 08-01-2017 | 04:05 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Love that pic with the oil hoses.

Done mine 15 years ago and replaced with brided steel hydraulic hoses and threaded fittings. That will go back onto my engine build.

Old 08-01-2017 | 08:37 PM
|

Originally Posted by chevyriders
How do you like the LEDs compared to the HIDs so far?
It looks good with those meaty tires on there.

Glad to hear you got your accel wires to work, I gave up on mine when the rubber boots they supplied kept popping off he plug and just bought a pre made set lol
Thanks, The LEDs are about the same light output as the HIDs but they don't require an extra wiring harness, they just plug in like factory. My HIDs were also having issues with not always coming on, I think the ballasts were going up. I do like how the tires work and they ride really nice. I didn't want buy an whole set for a few reasons. For one the Accel kit as only $17. The cheapest set that had was $32 and I t was drive works which I do not want to use. Also my current wires are ACDelco and they are just a little over a year old, I just got unlucky and snapped one right off at the end.

Quick Reply: 2000 Boring Blazer Build