Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Boring Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Loving this tires. Thinking about grabbing a pair, they kinda look like the Goodyear Wrangler druratrac's I got for my winters. How much did it run you with shipping I you don't mind me asking?
I used a bunch of amazon points, but here is a breakdown of my order

Rewards Points

Order Summary

Item(s) Subtotal:
$453.72

Shipping & Handling:
$0.00

Total before tax:
$453.72

Estimated tax to be collected:
$27.24

PA State Tire Fee:
$4.00

Rewards Points:
-$126.79

Grand Total:
$358.17

Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
Those tires look nice. I just replaced my other two so all mine are new otherwise I would strongly consider those. Those oil cooler lines are garbage. The only thing worse than them is having to get them out. And I have been considering putting led' s in my headlights as well. Or at least my high beams. How do they perform compared to the hid's?
I will probably have to replace those hoses again in a year, but the fronts are cheap and easy to replace. I think next time I might get a set custom made by a shop, or go with the oil cooler delete. I just tried the LEDs for the first time tonight and they put out a really good light color. They are about the same as the HIDs but the HIDs require an extra harness and I had issues with them not always working. The LEDs plug in like stock.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by error_401
Love that pic with the oil hoses.

Done mine 15 years ago and replaced with brided steel hydraulic hoses and threaded fittings. That will go back onto my engine build.
Thanks, I hate those lines. I think when they start leaking again I will go with custom lines or go with the cooler delete.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 AM

We went to the beach last week and I wanted to make sure my 5 year old was occupied for the 3 - 4 hour trip. So I grabbed a USB port and added it to the back of my console in that random panel that comes out. I grabbed from one of the vendors at the Carlisle truck nationals for a couple of dollars. It worked and kept his kindle fire charged so he could play his games.

one of the reason I am glad I have hole saws

Also, my blazer has developed a seriously saggy rear end. So I grabbed a pair of
these these
guys

Took some ride height measurements before I installed them. My driver's side sits about 2" higher than the passenger side which may need to be addressed. It could just be that my driveway is oddly shaped.

Passenger side before & after

Driver's side before & after

The old ones were cake to get out but the new ones not so much. I had to deal with a broken speed nut which I had to use vice grips and a lot of patience to get out, then I just use a nut and bolt. Then I had to fight to get a socket around the spring. Since these do not compress easily like the other ones I had to jack the blazer up to line the shock up with the bottom mount. I still need to work out the passenger side spring hitting the exhaust but that isn't a big deal, I think I have a plan for that.

Old junk

Old junk out

New junk in

Last edited by Tajohns34; 08-20-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:08 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

That's awesome! I need to replace my rear shocks, and I have some sag as well, this might be just the ticket. Good price on them too, thanks for the link!

How do they ride?

Old 08-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
I will probably have to replace those hoses again in a year, but the fronts are cheap and easy to replace. I think next time I might get a set custom made by a shop, or go with the oil cooler delete. I just tried the LEDs for the first time tonight and they put out a really good light color. They are about the same as the HIDs but the HIDs require an extra harness and I had issues with them not always working. The LEDs plug in like stock
That's pretty sweet. I am strongly considering buying a kit to get led high beams. By the way those new shocks look great!

Old 08-23-2017, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
That's awesome! I need to replace my rear shocks, and I have some sag as well, this might be just the ticket. Good price on them too, thanks for the link!

How do they ride?
Honestly it feels about the same to me.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
That's pretty sweet. I am strongly considering buying a kit to get led high beams. By the way those new shocks look great!
Thanks. If you want i can post the links for the LEDs that i got.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:11 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
Honestly it feels about the same to me.
Good to know thanks!

Old 09-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Had my battery light coming on for a few seconds when I would first take off. So I threw my stock alternator in and had my DR44G tested. It tested okay but it turns out that it only have the 105 amp one. So I think I will keep the stock one in for now until I can find one with higher amps.

I have some pictures to post but I keep getting an error in IE and Firefox.
"The image cannot be saved, corrupt data"

Quick Reply: 2000 Boring Blazer Build