Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
ebachrville is on a distinguished road

Oh the final outcome is coming .. waiting till its totaly complete.. it will be worth the wait!

Mainly i'm waiting fro the electric fan now.. Cant button it up till then

Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 PM

Today i tackled the gas tank conversion.. its in and working however my fuel level gauge on the dash says its empty... its 3/4 full of diesel... Maybe a bad connection on the wiring harness on top of the sender.. but ill have to burn some diesel off before dropping the tank again to check it..

Waiting on my cooling fan to be delivered and then i can button it up.. fedex says Monday.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:28 PM

Todays progress.. Still waiting for the cooling fan but finished a few things i could then take you for a test drive..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7p8rdDWYI

Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

truck sounds like it's almost ready for a road trip. be nice if you finally got the electric fan today. what valves were you looking for? to control the heat inside the cabin?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow, this build came along a lot quicker then I thought it would! Good progress..can't wait to see it finished 100%

Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 PM

Well, I finally got over to the shop tonight...

Put on the cooling fan wired in the relay ect for it and then fitted the front blazer grill.. needed a little trimming but noting to bad.. put on the hood pins .... looks basically bone stock.... Untill you start it...

Also fitted the air filter and oil catch on the blow by hose.. need to finish that up.. need a chunk of hose to go from that canister to the air inlet pre-turbo..

Then the kick down and the shut off solenoid.. after looking for 12v solenoids that do what I want.. I'll skip the 60 to 90 bucks for a solenoid and just wire in relay or even a push button switch to shut down the motor.

Other wise thats it it's a fully functional vehicle at that point.. I should be able to finish these last items this weekend and then I'll start on the other mods like the veggie oil system and the extra gauges ect..

However I need to get it out of the shop and the shop cleaned up.. snows coming and Dad wants his shop space back.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:07 PM

Well today I did a few odds and ends.. hooked up the vacuum shut down circuit Rotated the tires, hooked up part of the kick down circut.. just need a few small bolts and nuts tomorrow to mount the switch.. then drove the Benz Blazer home tonight!! It's great!!

Ill need to clean it up a bit, it really needs a wash.. next to do some of the other stuff.. need to work on that pod for the extra gauges and switches on the dash.. need to empty some diesel from the tank (ill just do this by driving it) so I can drop it and check that fuel gauge connection..

But for this weekend the number 1 priority is to clean up the folks shop.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sounds good. looking forward to those pic's & vid's.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:13 AM

Today I pulled the fuel tank trying to figure out the fuel gauge not working.. the sender is working properly.. tested it with a ohm meeter , but still the gauge says empty.. Thinking the computer is refusing to allow it to work with out what it thinks is a engine running.. not sure.. still very puzzled by this one ..

Hooked up the final blow by tubing today also Officially put the insurance on it ect.. and drove it a bunch.. It runs just about like stock judging by the shift points and will do 80mph.. even with its larger profile in the wind than the original shell.

Still tweaking it here and there mechanically .. ABS seems to need a speedometer reading.. No big loss, the benz didn't have ABS...

I'm going to pull power from the computer tomorrow to reset it .. maybe that will fool it into letting the fuel gauge work.. (total poke in the dark) I'm a computer junkie.. but on this project id rather get rid of it.

Otherwise.. all the other gauges work.. the oil pressure, the temp , the volt meter works also.. however the battery idiot light stays on?? and the service engine and 4x4 system are on all the time.. need to pull some bulbs

I'll be posting a video once I get phase 1 done.. that's the total drive line conversion... this will include some detailed shots of the conversions details.. and then its on to part 2 .. the veggie system conversion.. However I want to start fresh with clean slate so I'm not compounding problems in any way.

THis weekend project is to clean up the shop space.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 AM

OK this gas tank thing really has me going nuts.. Im still getting air in my fuel lines.. directly out of the tank for that matter... looks like ill be replacing the entire fuel like to trouble shoot this.. if i get air still that way.. I must have entered a parallel universe.. Gas gauge still doesn't work either.. been futzing with this air in the fuel line issue .. its so strange.. its intermittent, you think its doing fine and they go for a 1/2 drive and it starts to sputter and you look at the fuel line and there is air in the line.. I think my solution will be totally eliminating anything stock on this one.. however the real oddity is I can't see how the stock system is letting in any air.. but it is.

I've built 2 home made tanks for previous veggie oil conversions this isn't rocket science.. make a tank that holds liquid, put a tube/hose into it that rests on the bottom and suck the fuel up.. That I guess is whats frustrating it the simplest thing in the entire dang car and it's kicking my but.. Maybe its the fact i have to pull that damn tank anytime i want to investigate anything under there, and that's a real pain in the butt.

Quick Reply: 2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread