Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2004 stock to now

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:12 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Looks good! I hope this subed console goes further than the other one on here.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I'd love to have a clean garage but all the boxes you see have crap in it and since it all belongs to mom (other than the bowflex that hasn't been usable for 2 years) i can't touch it.

My plan is to put a 6.5 inch sub in the center either down firing that is only visible when i take the arm rest off or put it at the back of the arm rest firing at the roof with some metal piping to protect it from little puppy dog paws.

the metal grill will look something like the JL Audio w7 enclosed boxes

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/images/9524.jpg

obviously i need to get some other things finished like my trunk, replace my blown HIDS, and clean the entire interior.

Which do you guys think would look and sound better? down firing or upwards

Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 PM

Up would look better. Is it going to be sealed enclosure? Cuz with a 6.5 inch sub you could build it as a ported box cuz it wont need to be big and you could port it at the bottom at the back.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
I think you need to clean your garage.

i'll say!

not that my garage is much cleaner, but @ least i've got my 'Burb & Dart in mine. actually, my gargae is quite a bit cleaner, now that i think about it.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 AM
BF Veteran

not that my garage is much cleaner, but @ least i've got my 'Burb & Dart in mine. actually, my gargae is quite a bit cleaner, now that i think about it.
yeah yeah yeah, i know its dirty. thats on the list of things to do this summer, its not nearly as bad as it used to be. My brothers finally moved all their crap out except for a few miscellaneous things.

With the box(it'll be done this summer) i've thought about doing it ported with the port facing the back seat, up towards the ceiling between the seat back, and also out towards the shifter. Once i get my amps and everything i'll look at it all again. i need to have a job again in order to do all this, construction has been on hold for the last 3 months so i'm broke and going off my small savings account

Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran

So, after a long break from upgrading the Blazer, i did a few little things. The subs, amps, and lowering kit will have to wait until i start work again. But heres what i've done so far

Blacked out Bowtie

Blacked out stock corners (probably a better idea to black out the clears instead but o well)

LED Dome

With light on

I'm happy with the little things i got done today, they're enough to make me happy until i have some more spending money

Old 04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran

And yes my photos are a little grainy but thats my blackberry camera. My digi is somewhere in the house

Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Starting Member
98Ltblazer is on a distinguished road

wow great pictures u should black out the chrome in the front

Old 04-25-2010, 09:10 PM

Looks great. I wish I had the Chevy front end just for that reason. Looks dumb to only do the orange parts on a Jimmy

Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
Is that a hot spot on the 40 MPH mark? What bulbs did you use?

Quick Reply: 2004 stock to now