Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2004 stock to now

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MTopper
Pioneer DEH-P590IB which is a typical 3 output front, rear, subwoofer. 4 volt preouts, ipod direct control, xm ready, blah blah blah...

Pioneer DEH-P880PRS has 3 outputs but not typical
High
Mid
Low
all 5 volt which is obviously better because more means more haha
much more control over my cross over settings
Ipod connectivity but instead of through the radio, you control it through the ipod
lets just say its a car audio enthusiasts wet dream haha
Awesome!!!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

so after a long break (and not having funds available for the center console and such because of repairs, tires, brakes, and what not) i go the 880PRS installed today between classes.

i need to buy the plug for the ipod and the trim piece for the radio...

it also tells me exactly what my battery is putting out which is nice haha.

next is to hook up the ipod. place the tweeters and then fix the 4 channel so i can sell it. i'm changing some stuff up and probably going to have a completely different setup next spring so watch out.... i'm feeling 3 amps, 1 4 channel, 1 2 channel, and 1 mono block and maybe some fiberglass in there.... but thats about 4-5 months away at least..

Old 12-29-2010, 04:00 AM
BF Veteran

ok, well as we all know, my life changed drastically in the last week or so. well, i fixed my 4 channel amp, ended up being some stripped set screws and a loose lead on an RCA. replaced all the set screws and fixing the lead about a month ago. Installed my tweeters right in front of the door handle angled up and at the opposite seat. have the right side on delay by 4 inches to the right. the music's image is now right above the radio at dash level which is fine by me because i'm 6'3" haha.

also, my buddy that i've been staying with broke my oakley's a couple days ago and felt really bad. so, he paid for me to get my windshield tinted and is getting me a new pair of oakleys through his job.

stock rear 5 windows, 20% on passenger driver side, 35% on windshield.

here is the difference between 20,35, and nothing.

it really does help with my eyes, i can now drive without having my sunglasses on and no headaches. at night, i do have a little bit of a problem with it being dark but it literally puts my visibility back to when i had stock head light bulbs. so, to me i didn't lose anything and i gained safety to my belongings, my eyes and my dog when i leave her in there to run in the store for a few minutes.

i will post up pictures of my tweeters and amp later. i still have to wrap my sub box in something or make that darn trim piece. also, i have had to replace my catalytic converter, all 4 shocks, all brakes, trans flush, and a wheel hub since the beginning of December. it will soon be going in for a tune up and getting my coolant flushed. lets hope my rough idle goes away after that.

Last edited by MTopper; 12-29-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

huh, didn't know you guys were allowed to tint your windshield.

looks good though.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
huh, didn't know you guys were allowed to tint your windshield.

looks good though.
He has a doctors note I think

Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran

i have severe photo phobia which means i am very light sensitive and this really helps my eyes out.