Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:28 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=86Blazer327;290919]Uhhh.....those arent just steps , those are brackets to hold the torsion bars which are still located in the factory position. QUOTE]

I saw that and posted that about 3-4 posts after that one. I've seen 6 inch and so body lifts on trucks JUST USED for mud bogs combined with say a 12 inch SFA lift. How would a 18 inch "body lift" be good for anything that involves the truck moving? Besides being a parade float and maybe sitting in front of a shop and getting attention? Than agian that's just me. Maybe thats why I couldn't even afford to do something that extreme...

Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah sorry , I saw that after I posted. Thats one reason registered vehicles should have an annual inspection in AL. That thing is a complete pile. I hope I never have to meet it on a 2 lane road

Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by giod
https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/project-ravenblaze-38742/
You can see how bad it was there so yea theres a lot of damage. Had 3 people try to pop it out and no one can do it.

And the driver side fender is black primer, waiting till I get all the parts to color match em.

then you definately took a shot of the "prettier" side, and i retract my earlier comment.

it just such a nice colour on your truck................hurry up Summer job!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Be careful what you wish for

Originally Posted by 86Blazer327
Thats one reason registered vehicles should have an annual inspection in AL.
I HATE INSPECTIONS! Here, if you have tires 3 sizes over stock, or a sus or body lift 3 inches or higher, you get a modified sticker. (Most people unless they have 8 inches of lift and 40's get away with not getting it, I'm one that hopes to continue the revolt!) With that comes a slew of hyped up checks. Such as.

No shackles longer than 2 inches over factory.
No pipe bumpers
No exposed tires from 5 degrees to 75 degress of the tires diameter
Steering wheel must turn no less than 2 turns and no more than 6 turns, lock to lock.
No cut-outs or bypasses in the exhaust system

The list goes on and on and on. And they cost $25 and normal inspec is $12. I think it's a little overboard myself. Decent people (me) just want turndowns on thier mufflers and 2 inch lift shackles. People that try to drive damn bathtubs on wheels with bicycle brakes and 1% tint on thier windshield screw it up for everyone else! But like the old saying goes. The people that have it don't want it and the people the want it don't have it.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Id just rather not get killed by a rolling death trap . Not really in favor of them, but I dont really see any other way to keep a jackazz that lifts his truck with square tubing like a house on stilts off the road

Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Yea, That thing is def a pile and unsafe as hell. But as for the OP I can't wait to see more progress!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

been well over a year now.........wonder whatever happened with this build.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Beginning Member
larrysmachine is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,
The build is not dead yet, I own a machine/welding shop and that is what pays the bills. I have been swampped with Real work and have not had time to mess with the build. This is just something on the side for a customer, I know and you know that it is not the best way to build a truck but this is the way he wants to do it. I am going to try to talk him into doing it the correct way if I can.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Starting Member
myprixxx is on a distinguished road

AHHHH back from the dead!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
BF Guru

that's cool Larry. i was just searching through some of my old threads, and realize the build just seemed to stop.

good luck with trying to convince the customer he'll need to spend more money on the project. i've lost more projects that way.

but hey, i've always said, there's a right way, and the lawsuit way.

looking forward to future updates.