Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

86 blazer with 54" swampers

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Man I hope you are throwing 1ton axles under this truck, at the very least... Or better yet, 2.5ton Rockwells...

If the owner is going to use the truck as a true offroad ride, the real tire size limit of the stock axles is around 33"-36" depending on the level of offroading... The stock axles will not hold up to 54's.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i knew it had to be a K5-there's no way anyone would want to do that to a '86 "S" Blazer. now if it were a '91-'94 "S" series Jimmy.................hahahahaha!

i'm sure he's gonna use the Rockwell's. be the smart thing to do.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
i knew it had to be a K5-there's no way anyone would want to do that to a '86 "S" Blazer. now if it were a '91-'94 "S" series Jimmy.................hahahahaha!

i'm sure he's gonna use the Rockwell's. be the smart thing to do.
I got 42's on a 86 s series........Will have 47's on it when funds allow . If the 54 Boggers werent so goofy lookin Id put them on my junk.

I believe he will need more than 18" of lift to fit these if its uncut ........If he is runnin stock wheelbase this thing will be a death trap on handling ....... still interested in seein this....

Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol..this is turning into another "Will it fit" thread. Hey, could I fit 54" swampers on my Blazer do you think? I have stock everything. I was thinking of cranking the tbars a bit to make them fit though . I feel like making a video for the forum with the same guys from "Will it blend!?" hahaha
Anyway, the OP better not disappoint. We better see pics today or at the very latest tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Beginning Member
larrysmachine is on a distinguished road

This build will not see off road, it still has 1/2 ton running gear. It will be used for show and advertisement for his business. I will be building the new drive lines and it will be a true 4WD but no mudding with this truck.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Subscribed. Pics now.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This will still be interesting to see. Those 10-bolt axles are going to look like tooth picks under that truck!

You are going to have to do some fab work on the steering with that much tire and that much lift. I suggest you start off with doing a cross over steering setup instead of the factory arrangement.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

With tires this large, would not a monster truck frame be an easier way to go? Then just perch the body on top of it?

Just my

Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is a 'monster truck frame'? Thats not somthing you just go and buy..... I think you mean a custom tube chassis. If hes just building a mall crawler with it then no it wouldnt be easier...... And the way it sounds , by him lifting it to fit them , thats what hes doing. If he lifted a trail rig that high to fit 54's it would turn over if you drove over a coke can on one side........ I would get a sawzall and go to town on the fenders . Prob have to run hydro steering , the drag link angle is gonna be insane with the amount of lift its gonna take to fit these without cutting the fenders......

Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

A super lifted, pavement only mall crawler! This I gotta see!
We used to double frame them when going so large. Wait till you see how many hot dog sized wheel weights it takes to get it to roll smooth!

Quick Reply: 86 blazer with 54" swampers