Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

93 s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:43 PM
johncharles is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the kind words on the color!

As for the extra interior - it’s light grey, manual adjustments, great shape. I’ll post pics of what I have left over when I have a bit of time to.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:55 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by johncharles
Thanks for the kind words on the color!

As for the extra interior - it’s light grey, manual adjustments, great shape. I’ll post pics of what I have left over when I have a bit of time to.
Definitely do. . .I'd be interested to see what you've got left if it's light grey.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:27 AM

Ok... so one tiny problem. Two actually. The black blazer’s body was so rusty and rotted that the OEM black wheel well trim pieces from the rear fell off and were never heard from again. I still have the front two.

I’ve been searching for these things at scrap/salvage yards within 100-150 miles of Buffalo with no luck. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

These. But some yahoo on eBay is asking $200 + $70 shipping and all the eyelets for the screws are torn.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Have you looked at any of the "cut to size" that are on Amazon? Are you going high ride of lowrider with it? I love the paint... she will shine in the sun for sure...

Old 05-11-2018, 05:09 AM

Those cut to size rolls aren’t the same as the OEM molding and I’m afraid after all this, it would look cheesy. As for the ride - this year will be all stock 4x4 (maybe the vette wagon wheels this season) and then next year will be a mild drop of 1.5 - 2 inches all around to keep it level. But then again, next year has the V8 swap planned as well as the AWD conversion.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:50 AM

Not much of an update. I have to wait for the paint to be done before I can sink my teeth back into it.

That LMC bumper shan’t be chrome very long though.

All that needs to be done paint wise and then I can have her back is the chrome bumper made body color and a wet sand and buff on the hood. After that, they paint/body guys just need to make sure everything is lined up properly and shim the body as needed, tighten her all down and then I get to start reassembly.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:38 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

I'm sure bumpers will look good body color. . especially with the great color you chose. I'm a little partial to the chrome though. . rather enjoy that these square bodies have more in common with 60's cars construction than all the modern plastic cars.

For the wheel trim I'm assuming you're staying away from chrome / SS as well. Pretty sure I've seen new SS sets for less than $200. I think on ebay. . .if you can find those cheaper, you could always paint black, or body color.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Looks good.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:55 AM

I need to re-fit those taillights. The passenger side sticks out a bit. Otherwise... running, stopping, steering and ready to have an interior reinstalled and a bunch of rewiring done!!

Then a simple but loud and efficient audio system.

More pics after it gets back to my shop/garage!!

Old 05-27-2018, 10:56 AM

Oh yeah. I also have to get that awful tribal sticker off the back glass.

It came with the donor body, I swear!!!!

Quick Reply: 93 s10 blazer