Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

94 Blazer homemade bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

You should fab some new front turn signals, to keep it street-legal. You could probably just bolt on some fog lamps like the ones I have (see my album), but put turn signal bulbs in the housings and wire accordingly.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure he mentioned it being strictly a bush buggy, hence the rings on the bumpers so he could tie it to his trailer easier. But you're right, to make it legal he'd need them.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Beginning Member
M. Lowes is on a distinguished road

I was impressed how well the factory bumper held up.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Held up to what? Being chained to a trailer? lol

Old 07-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by oktain
Held up to what? Being chained to a trailer? lol
The factory bumper held up nice over a ceder tree.
I'm sure constant use would sure bend it.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Psychropod
You should fab some new front turn signals, to keep it street-legal. You could probably just bolt on some fog lamps like the ones I have (see my album), but put turn signal bulbs in the housings and wire accordingly.
I can cut out a 2" round hole for turn signals if need be. I do have some amber LED lights that are mounted for trailers, and trucks.
I have 4 other vehicles to drive, not really a big deal to have it street legal.

My next step is to remove the stock fan,fan cover, AC coil, AC lines. Then I will install an electric fan.
When I do a body lift the fan cover will not be an issue.
Also looking for a way to route the intake out the fender. Also I will need to build an exhaust as when I picked it up it was cut off before the cat. I would like to route this up behind the rear fender.