Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

98 Blazer Sheila

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LeWhite
What kinda town do you live in with that many blazers, all they got around here is porsches and lotuses. They ought at least give a discount for two dozen plugs and a drum of oil at the auto parts store!

So which do you have a Porsche or a Lotus?

Nightwolf you need to get some bigger/wider tires on there now to fill out the fender flares! They look good tho nice job on the install.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:13 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Naw Rex only one furrin car. Two vetts, two blazers and a 1974 chevette! The furrin car is a 1934 fiat topilino. Ferraris, Rolexes and fake ***** dont impress.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Night_Wolf is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rex! The 31s looked good until I installed the flares. Now they look tiny so I'm gonna pick up some 33s and then 3.73 gears. I just installed some 2" spacers in the rear the other day and it makes it look much better since they aren't inset an insane amount now.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

you're not going to fit 33's without more lift and a lot of cutting on those flares you just installed.

Get some 2wd wheels to bring the tires out more and it'll look a lot better.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Wow I didn't realize those were 31s! Like Jam said you won't fit 33s without cutting up that hard work you just did. I'd take his suggestion on getting some wheels with less offset to push them out more and fill the space that way. Also a more aggressive tire will look more appropriate and appear to fill the space better as well.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:22 PM

Lets see bout this. 31 inch tires had to lift it up and cut the back of the front fender. Then put fender flares on, now you need 33" so you can raise it some more but will put less back space wheels to help the clearance. I might be just a soCA boy but it seems at some point wont you need to turn the steering wheel.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:13 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

sounds like you cant swing a cat without finding a S series in your area
they are around me but everyone wants $2-4K for them regardless of milage or condition

Old 11-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Night_Wolf is on a distinguished road

Yea they're everywhere up here. And LeWhite I only had to do 2" shackles and a torsion crank to fit the 31s no trimming at all and there's only a slight rub at full lock but I've never had any problems getting around anywhere with them. But maybe I'll look at some 2wd rims for some better spacing

Old 11-24-2014, 02:17 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

Ahhhhh aha ha ....I miss my blazer lol you sir got pretty much everything I wanted to do and get for mine and you even had the same color!! (Different year) but same color lol keep it up and I'm going to keep tabs on this build lol

BTW keep an eye out for old Camaro rims they bolt right one have a little dish and don't cost a whole lot around here lol

Old 11-24-2014, 03:49 PM

Your town is the reason the supply and demand has gone off the chain around here. I'm going have city council talk to your city council and get them back. Saw an ad from a Beverly Hills gardener for his S10 extended bed for $5.5k.

Quick Reply: 98 Blazer Sheila