Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Front end parts replacement just got moved up on my to do list. The bigger tires are really showing how wore out everything is lol.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

SHES ALIVE!!!

Got the ujoints pushed in today, brought the driveshaft to work to use their torch. Couldn't help but think of high school and popping zits. Brought it back home and use my ball joint press to remove and press in the ujoints... so handy... adjusted the toe on the tires until I was satisfied with my eye balling... used a measuring tape to the inside of the center of the tires for the alignment... steering wheel was off a little, so it's not centered, but the truck drives and holds straight... started cleaning it out... getting it ready to take the wires stuff out, and load up my tool box... I'll be working on switching my xplod deck from the civic, to the blazer this weekendish... and I installed the brush guard last weekend too!

Shes done!

Finally got stock ujoint pressed out

Blazer before work started and the jimmy

This is how she sat for a week(without the mess)

Old 05-17-2019, 09:14 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Looking good with that brush guard! I just picked up a similar looking bug guard.

Side note...what's with all the Budweiser bottles? I figured you for a Labatt Blue kinda guy.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:00 AM
BF Veteran

.... really? Labatt blue out of all beers? Atleast you didnt say molson...

I've been a bud guy since I started drinking beer... it's my summer time water lol...

And for the brush guard, I'm not a big fan of the one I got, I dont like how it sticks out from the body, as other ones I've seen stay close and form the hood a little more...

I after driving it to work this morning, I found a BAD shake. It's only when I hit a dip in the road, and the blazer comes back up, as 9f pressure is being relieved off of something for that split second, only above 80, I'm guessing it could be a bad shock?

Edit: I dont mean I dont like the brush guard, I ment the bug deflector.

Last edited by DonL; 05-19-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran

I should also mention it's only the drivers side front end. And I'm thinking it's the shocks, because 8t happend when I had the stock shocks which were shot at the time. I think I'm going to look into zr2 shocks, or similar. Rc shocks didnt last long at all, nor did my ball joints....

Old 05-17-2019, 11:05 AM

Just giving you the business! I'm more of a Heineken guy myself, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy in the summer.

How does your guard attach? Does it have brackets for the top of the bumper?

Old 05-17-2019, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Just giving you the business! I'm more of a Heineken guy myself, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy in the summer.

It actually only has a mounting bracket to the frame. 4 holes, 2 where the skid plate is, and 2 where the hooks go... I'll take a pic in a bit when I'm off of work

Old 05-19-2019, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by N. Jensen

Driverside outside

Driverside inside

Side view from driverside(note there is no hole for top bumper support brackets, just the two lower ones for...?)

Seller advertised as "winch mounting plate". But theres no way a winch will fo there with 2 holes. Those are light mounting holes.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:02 PM

Hmmm...yeah, weird there isn't any other holes for mounting from the top of the frame rails. Still looks pretty nice, though!

And yeah, those two holes are for mounting lights....had my KC Daymakers mounted there a few years back. Just got new LED bulbs for them, now need to rewire them in.

Are you going to put your other brush guard on the Jimmy?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran

Yes sir, I got some aluminum skids I'm giving them too....

But I'm looking for some cheap lights to get to install there...

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer