Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Got the truck back today. 670 later, shes all good. I still gotta do my injectors, but shes running good enough! He did the gaskets, put new ones, didnt bother with trying to save them to do it properly, sucks but I rather be safe then sorry, turned the timing, cleaned my hood latch, distributor cap and rotor, cleaned it up a little under the hood too... I have misfires on 3 and 4. Under 4 are flat clean... so that's good... also going to be looking into some plugs and wires... without any guards on the wheel wells, it gets dirty up in there... oh and he fixed the leaking gas line. So gonna see my km now...

Probably remember something later, might update again lol...

Old 03-30-2019, 02:18 AM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Ouch, from the stand point if I read right the lower intake manifold gasket was redone right, was all apart and after my reading for doing my injectors your going to be stripping back apart for that. Wish you had just had those installed while at it. Guess it can wait. Crossing fingers she runs good for a while now.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran

Luckily I won't have to touch the lower part of the intake, just remove the spider from the top. As of now the mechanic did his job, and I don't have to so I'm pleased. My o2 sensor code left, but not the misfire, so still going to be looking into the injectors, and do plugs and wires again just because.

Crawled under the front end today, had some extra floating, and a vibration on acceleration. Found a loose idle arm bolt and a bad outer tie rod. Tighten the bolt and it snuggled up a little. Going to be ordering a tie rod in the next couple is days. Still gotta find the vibration out. The rear yoke and driveshaft was replace a year or so ago, and it's only on acceleration, so I'm wondering what are my starting poi t to look at.

Google, here I come!

Old 04-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

I will wait and see. Got my new plugs, cap, rotor and upgrade fuel injector kit. PIcked up some of the tools I need to do the job but have not started. (Short the torque wrench) I just fixed a vibration I had at hyway speeds- faulty new tire left rear- out of round apparently. Hope your issue will be simple cheap fix like mine was, tire swap. Funny that idler arm. When I got tires had alignment done and mine had to be replaced. Steers about like new now, hardly any play but still likes to wander. By wander I mean it wont just pick a line, no pull and ever so slight drift to right which is normal but just wont stay in line straight. Not sure if that these new tires or my being used to the wife’s Mazda CX5 fwd that tracks like an arrow, either way tires wearing even so I can’t complain. I think maybe I just got used to variable assist steering from her car and my prior 2015 Colorado and these older cars don’t have that.

Last edited by Trukntigger; 04-02-2019 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 04-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I need to replace the whole front end on my Jimmy and the spider. That's going to wait till summer though.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran

Sounds like everyone is having the same problem lol...

Blazer maintenance is on hold at the moment. Gotta fix the exhaust on my dd, rebuild the front end on the Acura to make it a dd, then the blazer will be getting love. For the moment, looks like I'll be swapping the front end with a civic front end, fenders-hood-lights-bumper.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Starting Member
boudreaux55 is on a distinguished road
Default 97 4x4 jimmy 4 door

i found 2, 4 dr 4x4 blazers on a field here in little rock.. the guy wants 600.oo each. both in great body shape, both intact. if ur interested in parts or another project.
let me know.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks about the parts. But shipping is what kills me... I've been stuck getting stuff I can drive to and fit in a hatchback civic lol...

I was able to score myself a brush guard I've been looking for. Needs a cleaning and paint, but I dont mind.

Thought about putting it on the civic....lol

Old 04-23-2019, 09:36 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Looks good on the Civic! It's going look really good on your truck.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:38 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I thought you had a brush guard on the Blazer already?

This looks like a nice one, for sure.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer