Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 12:18 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Man, you are serious about swapping out that interior. I have the graphite but don't mind the gray. Lol

That is one thing I have not done yet....take the whole dash off. Did you pull it or buy it pulled?

Last edited by N. Jensen; 09-27-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:33 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I bought it pulled, but have taken apart about 6 times. Once on this one

Edit:

Forgot to say,

Yea pretty serious lol, I'm gonna go all the way, I'm dreading finding a descent carpet, but I've actually have had good luck finding clean interior. And I need to remember to grab a fourth HSH.

Last edited by DonL; 09-27-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:42 AM
BF Veteran

Had to swap vehicles around, moms jimmy was over heating, so dropped it off to my mechanic, and lent her my civic. Went to drop the daughter off at school this morning, and the blazer is mad at me.

Started fine, got to the end of the driveway fine, then once I hit 15km/h or so, sputter and choked and doesnt want to go. Made it about 700 feet up the road with the four ways on, and parked her. Gonna see what I can come up with after work.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran

So not sure what it was, walked to drop my daughter off and walked back to the truck, crawled under to see if there was anything, checked under the hood, all was good. So I tried starting it, it started and ran fine, gave it gas and responded as it should. So I drove it home as a tester, and then to and from work without a problem. Not sure what it was, but glad it went away... knock on wood...

Old 10-01-2019, 09:14 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

How's your catalytic converter looking....have you replaced that?

I'd imagine if it was that, it would continue to have problems. Not sure what it is/was....gremlins!?

Old 10-02-2019, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran

Replaced the cat about 2 years ago now I think... wasnt OEM, but it's doing the trick. Not sure what it was, I think she was just mad at me lol... been fine today lol

Old 10-02-2019, 05:29 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Replaced the cat about 2 years ago now I think... wasnt OEM, but it's doing the trick. Not sure what it was, I think she was just mad at me lol... been fine today lol
Weather starting to cool off may have been a big slug of water working it's way thu ....

Old 10-02-2019, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by odat
Weather starting to cool off may have been a big slug of water working it's way thu ....
I'll be going to my storage unit to get my gas line antifreeze tomorrow

Old 10-02-2019, 07:01 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

That may be a good idea, I'm in northern Wyoming days here have been in the high 30s to low 40s but I had snow last nite ......

Old 10-12-2019, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran

Starting working on the truck today, got some headway on my dash, had to swap out the pigtail... well worth it tho for a free dash lol... didnt get a pic of it in but I'll post the ones I got so far...

Before

No turning back

Spot the difference

I didnt know these where different, yet again not sure about the year it came from or the specs, but ran into this problem and had to pull it off mine as well

Bonus points if you know where it came from, ill let you know if your right when i update the finished product.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer