Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 11:00 AM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

hmmm, don't hate the messenger, sounds like it's still off...... While the battery is charging I would confirm #1 cylinder is TDC by removing the spark plug and feeling/listening for compression. Turn the crank manually and line up the marks on the harmonic balancer. Then when you are sure you are at TDC check to see where the distributor is pointing. If it's pointing correctly, then there's a different issue. If it's not pointing correctly, pull it out and correct it.... The fsm directions have been posted, I'll see if I can find you a link.

Or, tow it to the shop.....

Here's a link to helpful information......

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...g-issue-91910/

Repeatedly pulling the dizzy to move it a couple teeth at a time would be a big pain in the ***.....

Last edited by CWBDDSPC; 03-16-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added link
Old 03-16-2019, 01:25 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Lol, that's what I did. Re aligned the engine, then Aligned the pump, it was off as well. Then aligned the distributor, and VOILA!

let it run for a bit, brought it up and the street and back. Going good... sputters like no tomorrow when giving gas. Got home and notice I under estimated the thickness of the sealant aparently....

I'm done kicking myself around with it for a little. See if I feel like working on it when it warms up....

Old 03-16-2019, 03:42 PM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Hang in there!

Old 03-16-2019, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran

Oh shes not going anywhere, just getting benched until her behavior issues are fixed.... too bad they dont make tampons for trucks!

(no offense lol)

Old 03-16-2019, 08:48 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Let me see if I can find the instructions in my GM manual for putting in a distributor and finding TDC. Be sure to PM me if you don't hear from me within a day or so.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by christine_208
Let me see if I can find the instructions in my GM manual for putting in a distributor and finding TDC. Be sure to PM me if you don't hear from me within a day or so.
thanks! But I got it all lined up and running. I just gott take it all apart and re do the gasket, ita leaking out the front of the intake. Didnt put enough sealant... stupid me lol

Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Congrats on getting it running. Yeah!

Old 03-17-2019, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Glad you got it running. I had a similar problem when I had my distributor out. Had to roll the engine over to TDC #1, and set everything up that way.
​​​​​​
Definitely frustrating dealing with it. Especially as far in the back of the engine bay as our are

Old 03-23-2019, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran

Got myself outside to work on the blazer today. Pulled a smart guy, and aligned the engine at TDC before even starting to tear it apart... +1 for me... decided to try and remove the fan AFTER I removed the belt..... -1 lol...

But everything went well... got the sealant on and everything back together, I'm going to wait the full 24 hours recommended, before I fill it back up... and HOPEFULLY i won't have to realign anything, and it'll start right up...

next question, what is this? And should it be full of rust coloured dust?

I'm on my way to Google right now to see if I can answer my own question.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran

Quick search and voila..
might look into one of these... might fix my evap code?

edit: forgot to add pic lol

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer