Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 07:57 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

It's only an hour from me... could be worth the drive lol

Old 05-16-2020, 08:32 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Have fun getting those rear flares off. They are a pain in the rear to get without mangling the metal reinforcement piece that bolts to the fender. If you have to, and the bed isn't in good condition, slice those flares off so you can get at the back side of the flare and cut off the studs on the reinforcements, you can drill and weld new ones on to replace them. That's if you want to keep them. If you were closer I'd take take that 5 speed off your hands but the shipping would probably be killer. Find out what Fastenal would charge to ship it on a pallet to 52531. If it has the top of the full length console and it's in good shape I'd be interested in that also. There is a panel under the dash that has to be removed in order to drop the steering column. If you get a chance could you shoot me a pic of that? I want to know if it differs from the one for an automatic. Thank you!

Last edited by eshaw; 05-19-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:01 AM
BF Veteran

Might be able to figure that out for ya... the truck is parked at the shop down the road, I'll try to get pics over the weekend as I plan on starting to tear it apart. Thanks for the heads up o the flares, I took a some off a zr2 blazer in the past, but I was retro fitting and making my own brackets so I wasnt worried about those at the time.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:28 PM
SRIslash is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Might be able to figure that out for ya... the truck is parked at the shop down the road, I'll try to get pics over the weekend as I plan on starting to tear it apart. Thanks for the heads up o the flares, I took a some off a zr2 blazer in the past, but I was retro fitting and making my own brackets so I wasnt worried about those at the time.
Don, did you get your bad running condition remedied? Just wanted to mention that I had a distributor bad on me on the Jimmy When I got it. Took me awhile to figure out but pretty good now. Just an odd miss here and there now. Just at mid take off But I’m thinking injectors. Have motorman set here.
Shawn

Old 05-19-2020, 05:32 AM
BF Veteran

I had a bad injector on #3, and a leaky test port.

I didnt get further then that as my engine died. But hopefully will be swapping it out this week.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran

Just dropped off the last of the gaskets that I ordered. Got everything but the head gaskets. New oil for both front diff and rear axle, new rad, spark plug and wires were just done on mine so he can transfer those over, as well as the cap. New oil and tranny cooler lines. I gave him the intrepid fans I bought 2 years ago, so hes going to wire that in. I tested the 4x4 on the zr2 before purchasing on a road drive, and it locked up perfectly. I'm also going to get him to swap out any vacuum lines that's no good. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have her back... I'm as excited as when I got my lift kit lol...

Old 05-26-2020, 07:48 AM
SRIslash is on a distinguished road

Just dropped off the last of the gaskets that I ordered. Got everything but the head gaskets. New oil for both front diff and rear axle, new rad, spark plug and wires were just done on mine so he can transfer those over, as well as the cap. New oil and tranny cooler lines. I gave him the intrepid fans I bought 2 years ago, so hes going to wire that in. I tested the 4x4 on the zr2 before purchasing on a road drive, and it locked up perfectly. I'm also going to get him to swap out any vacuum lines that's no good. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have her back... I'm as excited as when I got my lift kit lol...
hope it all goes well.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:24 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Good to hear, I'd Keep your old motor and rebuild it, that way a 200k miles down the line you can have it ready to swap if/when something goes wrong.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:43 AM
BF Veteran

I'm hoping it goes good too. As for keeping the engine, I wish I could. I dont have the space or means to keep it tho. But the wife pre approved a crate engine in a year or 2. So that's all I need 😁😁

Old 05-30-2020, 12:45 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping it goes good too. As for keeping the engine, I wish I could. I dont have the space or means to keep it tho. But the wife pre approved a crate engine in a year or 2. So that's all I need 😁😁
Nice! keep watch though, she may have made that approval with the expectation that she (the truck) wont make it longer then that.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer