Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hadyss
What’s the bar across the top for
that bar was a type of "stabilizer/anti sway" bar I was told. It was there to help keep the axle straight. Cut the end off for easier removal.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:20 PM
BF Veteran

So I got back brakes to do(going by sound atm as I havent jacked up the truck and checked). But I got a screech, the odd thing with it, is that it's not consistent with the warning bracket. Comes and goes mostly with speed, 90% of the time it happens at 50 km/h and after, sometimes itll go away if I hit a bump.

then it made me think... what does an axle gear sound like when theres no or almost no oil in it?

Old 08-06-2020, 09:20 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
So I got back brakes to do(going by sound atm as I havent jacked up the truck and checked). But I got a screech, the odd thing with it, is that it's not consistent with the warning bracket. Comes and goes mostly with speed, 90% of the time it happens at 50 km/h and after, sometimes itll go away if I hit a bump.

then it made me think... what does an axle gear sound like when theres no or almost no oil in it?
do u have the 4 button case I had a metal on metal noise turned out my replacement cv joint slid on too far and was rubbing

Old 08-07-2020, 05:47 PM
BF Veteran

I got the 3 button. I'm planning on jacking the truck up this weekend during free time, and check brakes, u joints, fluid levels and such.

my problem now, my test port pisces fuel any time the lid is off... and driving it makes enough pressure to seep out from under the cap. So my mileage is cut by half...

any one know if it's just a regular air valve like in a tire stem? I got that special tool and I'll just tighten it... could be where my lack of power is coming from too....

Old 08-07-2020, 06:04 PM

I know it’s the same tool to remove it and put a new one in. It’s just a different style valve but the tool is the same

Old 08-07-2020, 06:33 PM
BF Veteran

THANKS!!! popped off the cap, pulled the first spark plug wire, and tightened it up...

it was really really loose lol... not to see if my mileage gets better lol... I got 5$ it does...

Old 08-09-2020, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran

Found my squealing lol... my passenger rear caliper is seized. So I'm pulling the new ones off the donor axle (po replaced them shortly before selling the truck), and going to swap them both out as the drivers side looks new still...

also took some measurements... original axle sits at 53 1/4" outer rotor to outer rotor. Zr2 axle sits at 57 1/4". I'll be very happy with that when it gets swapped in.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran

Did the brakes. Calipers are working great. Will need to get that rear in sooner then later, got a small leak in my seal.

but it's not as rushed as I'm worried about so, still on the road for now..

edit:

I really need to tighten that light... I fix it before everytime I leave the house...

Old 08-11-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by DonL

also took some measurements... original axle sits at 53 1/4" outer rotor to outer rotor. Zr2 axle sits at 57 1/4". I'll be very happy with that when it gets swapped in.
With those measurements I think my tires would stick out quite abit if I managed to find a zr2 axle I’m running 1.25” spacers and it’s nice but with a 2” and my -16 rims fell it might be abit much

Old 08-19-2020, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
Default Finally!!

I've only been looking for these rims since I got the darn truck lol. But for a nice loooooong trip, and 200$ I finally got them and caps!

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer