Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Did a road trip with the truck for a better feel, and determined my shake to be the spindles. I dont have enough play for it to do the "1 time bang" it used to do when a sharp turn from stopped. But I feel the ball joint move back and forth in the top of the hole after torqued.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:57 PM
BF Veteran

Had a week off, so did a trip up north, 3 hrs one way into the "bush". Had a great time, many off road pics posted in the "Corona offroad" thread. I had a no start a couple of times when up north, but i was able to make it home.

When I went to work on Monday, she would click, but not crank or start. Got tired of putting my head under the hood, so got a ride home and decided to leave it at work. Went into work on Tuesday with the wifes truck, and found a massive puddle under the blazer, antifreeze...

so got the truck towed to the mechanics, he found the bad started and a bad wire, got them both fixed and then looked for the leak. He got it down to the waterpump leaking. I swapped it out back at around 200k, and I'm not sitting around 345k. It was an acdelco unit. But I'll be ordering a new acdelco pump to install, another 75 after taxes.

REALLY debating on putting it up for sale and finding a four door s10...

Old 10-02-2020, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran

Since I posted her up for sale, I cleaned her out a little to get some pics... looks preaty good when theres nothing in there. Also took the liner off the cowl hood. I like how it looks without it, plus now its functional lol

other then that, my rear drivers side door doesn't open, at all... anyone know how to go open trying to get that opened and fixed?

Old 10-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

It’s so clean and nice looking. How much did you post it for? I was offered 10k for mine last night but I won’t give it up

Old 10-02-2020, 06:35 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hadyss
It’s so clean and nice looking. How much did you post it for? I was offered 10k for mine last night but I won’t give it up
Wow. I love my Blazer, but I'd be tempted by that offer.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:49 PM

Not sure if he was serious but he thought it was a show truck then I told him no I actually take it off roading and I know first hand my door seals don’t seal completely. Then he asked if I would take 10k. Doing everything on it my self makes me not want to get rid of it. Haven’t told my wife I was offered 10k she hates my blazer and would be pissed that I turned it down

Old 10-02-2020, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I can relate to that. I've put countless hours and dollars into mine, too. And I would be taking a significant loss if I sold it for $10k. But at least half the fun for me is building it. Unfortunately, I really don't have the money, the time, or the ambition to build another one, so I better hang onto this one.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:12 PM

I have the time and ambition just not the income

Old 10-02-2020, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran

Posted for 3500 without the brush guard/hood/roof rack... 4500 with all of it... hell if I was offered 5, i wouldve walked home lol...

I've taken care of any holes in the body, the rear bumper is starting to show, but not bad. Other then that, shes solid...

I already got one lined up. A 1999 s10 zr2 with 266xxx km on it. Drivers side rocker needs woody work, third door, and needs some bed rails welded in... but for 1000$, I can do it lol... as long as it doesnt get sold before I get paid, then I'm good to good. If not, then I got a few options if the blazer goes. But itll be a pickup version, and cant be low lol. Theres a few extremes I've been looking at but had to turn away because of the camper.

Old 10-02-2020, 09:45 PM

Mine is technically my first vehicle since I’ve gotten my full license

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer