Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 05:16 PM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

That's never a good sign.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:06 PM
SRIslash is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Went out for lunch at work, was pulling back in and lost my brakes... didnt see any fluid. But after work upon further inspection, I found this...

lost the caliper bolts and 1 brake pad... should be able to put the piston back into the caliper as long as its clean. That'll be after work tomorrow.
yikes, well at least it wasn’t right when they were REALLY needed Don. You’ll get that fixed up

Old 10-15-2020, 10:35 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I brought everything I needed with me to work to do afterwards. Just hope that the rain stops by then.

I was able to find my lost brake pad on my way home last night, and luckily had spare calipers and bolts at home.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran

So while it decided to rain like a crying baby yesterday, I decided to wait until today.

got the boot on with a tool I got in a bicycle tube repair kit, bled the brakes, and reinstalled.

no tears or anything so was able to reuse all the parts except the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on. Yet another spot the donor vehicle has made its mark on the blazer lol.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

Took the wifes truck up north for the weekend. Had a burial this morning. Left Friday night on a 4 hr drive up north, had a nice quiet weekend with the wife. Stopped on the way home and picked up my spare rims for the summers. So now I have 3 out of 4 complete sets(set of 5). Now just missing one for the set the wife stole from me and I'm done with rims lol....

100 for both. Tires are cracked...

Woke up to this this morning... sudbury Ontario

Wife stole my rims, new winter tires for the trip

Old 10-29-2020, 04:40 PM
BF Veteran

Finally got the fifth rim mounted with my spare and on the truck. Now just to get the time to paint them!

Old 11-02-2020, 11:51 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Looks tough! Did you happen to get the center caps for those wheels? They sell repro's on ebay....I got some for my camaro wheels.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:10 PM
BF Veteran

I got a set of chrome aftermarket ones that came with the rims. They are getting painted tho lol..... one day lol...

They did not come with the lug nut cover to secure the caps tho, but when I bought the wife her sonoma, she didnt want the caps on the rims, so I ended up getting a second set of caps, with the lug covers to secure them!

I ended up selling the second set tho.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:44 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Have u ever had an issue with your heated seats it’s cold and snowy and I can’t get them working. Fuses are good and power to the switch

Old 11-11-2020, 05:30 PM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hadyss
Have u ever had an issue with your heated seats it’s cold and snowy and I can’t get them working. Fuses are good and power to the switch
Maybe one of your leads has come loose under the seat?

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer