Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Thats awesome... wonder how that axle got twisted like that...

went for an alignment today since the truck got ditched. And the passenger side hub and both cv axles aren't any good.

I figured the hub starting as it was starting to make noise, and i seen a little mess starting, but figured it was my left over from greasing the ball joints and tie rods. I usually leave some around for rust proofing lol...

Getting my vacation pay paid put from work and ordered the truck ome love, 2 new axles and a hub. Just the one because I'm getting my zr2 axle and diff rebuilt to go under. So tight on the cash... we will see after Christmas shopping is done. I'm the last one to shop so the wife gets as much cash as she needs lol. And I'm left to pick up a couple of things to surprise her with lol...

Says from nov 30 to dec 7th... so I'm gonna do the hub, but wai on the cv axles until the front diff goes in... as long as it gets done before Christmas....

Old 11-24-2020, 06:43 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

How is parts avatar for things and I’m thinking all the tires were spinning and the one hooked hard and didn’t want to spin

i did everything in the front end and I mean everything lol in may so it had warranty so I’m putting the new one in tonight. I always buy the hubs in sets even when I just need one so I have a spare

Old 11-24-2020, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran

I usually do too, but with the diff and axle, I had to make a cut somewhere lol...

I've been happy with parts avatar so far, I've used them many times so far. I think I remember the price being a couple of bucks more, but it works out. shipping is usually preaty quick, and the free shipping over 100 bucks is always great....

Old 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM

I get the cuts lol I need a new starter cause sometimes it won’t engage but most it works good so been worried about things like floor heat and axle and that stupid front diff vacuum switch to disengage it. I’ll have to check out parts avatar I always use rockauto unless I can’t wait for the part

Old 11-24-2020, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran

I've been thinking about making the "posi" cable for the front diff... anything I've read about it is good... gotta look it up again on here... I'm not trusting my vacuum lines these days lol

Old 11-24-2020, 07:02 PM

My lines are all good it was the switch at the firewall cause I have the auto tcase but u can get the whole kit to swap it over to the posi cable

Old 11-25-2020, 09:57 AM

So I’ve come to find out there is 2 black diamond edition Jimmy’s in the city 1 is all white and I’ve met the guy he will never give it up even parks it in the winter the other is a brownish on and he has been driving it all winter so far so kinda hoping it doesn’t survive and it makes it to the wreckers lol

Old 11-25-2020, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran

Thats awesome... that'll be a nice little score if it ever has a bad day lol

Old 11-25-2020, 12:58 PM

If it ever has that bad day I’ll have an amazing day I will gut it lol

Old 11-25-2020, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran

Thats like me if I ever come across a trailblazer lol

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer