Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 07:30 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Is there any numbers stamped on the arms

Old 12-20-2020, 05:57 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Not that I was able to see... I'll be taking a look today, driving around with the original ball joint and control arm to see if anyone can help

Old 12-20-2020, 09:09 AM
SRIslash is on a distinguished road

Don, I am now a little concerned about my RC lift. But I guess I will deal with it when the time comes. When you say ball joint spacers which direction do you mean? I remember tripping across extended ball joints for these trucks somewhere when I was searching option before my lift was bought. Proforged maybe? Moog? Mmm

Old 12-20-2020, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran

Don't be too concerned. To what I'm finding, I'm the only one with this problem lol... well not lol but lol....

I'm not too sure really as I haven't really looked into this, as I only found out about it by a recent thread of a local blazer/jimmy owner, he made his own. But blazer red had a set on a toyota he owned, so I'm assuming its something that I should find something on...

Edit:

My biggest mind boggle on this, is that it bolts to the frame no problem, the stem on the ball joint is the right size, but the head of the balljoint, that gets pressed into the control arm is too small(k6540). The k6696 is the right size to get pushed in, but the stem doesn't fit in the spindle

Last edited by DonL; 12-20-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:53 PM

Is it possible the ball joints u got were the wrong ones like not the k6540 but they gave u something else?

Old 12-21-2020, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran

Not likely, 3 different brands all 6540s, all same problem...

Here's what I got from rough country just now... I might have a new set of balljoints that are custom made for rough country. So I ordered 2 ball joints, and am waitting for them to arrive. But the part number is k0506p..............

Google it, and well nothing comes up.... I did have luck at a parts shop with it, but it did not look right at all... looked like a big old heavy duty bottom ball joint for a massive dually or something lol....

Well ill see what comes, and if i do have good luck, then I'll order two more, and have a set of control arms for the parent jimmy if they wanna lift it lol...

Old 12-21-2020, 12:17 PM

If it works then bonus but why would you get the random control arms twice

Old 12-21-2020, 12:33 PM
BF Veteran

Thats what my thoughts where exactly... I was told that they came out with a new design and thats why it was a different ball joint... but it doesn't make sense to me why I'm having so many problems...

I bought my lift kit in March 2018, the new upper control arms in September 2020. And im not sure when they changed to their so called new design, but it still seems odd im the only one that I've seen having this problem...

Old 12-21-2020, 12:35 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Hadyss
If it works then bonus but why would you get the random control arms twice
I still have the set of control arms that originally came with the kit. If the ball joints fit, then ill just order them thru RC. not ideal, but rather that then lose the kit, for now anyways...

Old 12-21-2020, 12:35 PM

My kit is from 2017 maybe they went through all the old stuff and depending on where you got yours from maybe they had the new or maybe u have old stock

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer