Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Nice! I'm in need of some ink therapy! My artist has a couple drawn up and ready. Its been 2 years since I've had anything done.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Its been about 8 years since my last one lol

Old 12-14-2020, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Nice start on the tat! I got 3 hours in on my sleeve a week ago and I’ve got another 4 hour session scheduled for the 30th then it should be one more 3-4 hour session after that and it should be complete! The wife scheduled a full day 8 hour marathon session on 1/22 to start her full back piece and I must say I do not envy her having to sit for that one lol!

Old 12-15-2020, 08:49 AM
BF Veteran

Oh man... I can't imagine sitting for 8 hrs! I gotta get my old tatts touched up now that I got this one lol... they are all black, but years old and faded lol... not looking to get my Phoenix done, it take up most of my back and it'll be a couple hours of pounding lol.

On a blazer note:

I have all the parts now for the front end rebuild and rear axle swap. Mecahinc says he should be able to get the axles rebuilt this week, so truck might be off the road next week for the swap and rebuild lol, depending on his schedule lol... should only be about 8-9hrs work swapping everything in. Bolts have been worked on in the last few years so they shouldn't be seized too bad lol

Here are the shocks going in, I got upgraded rears for towing with coil overs, so will let you guys know how those work out.

Old 12-17-2020, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

Getting some time into the bay this weekend, hoping to get the parts swapped out on the blazer.

Also installed by bday gift from the wife to myself lol, well half of it... there's still two pod leds to install. Gotta get wire and extend the wire harness that came with it, I want to mount them on the basket.

Night time light

Night time with led bar

Night time with high beems and led bar

Old 12-17-2020, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Looking good! Looks like that LED bar puts out a lot of light.

Old 12-18-2020, 05:16 PM
BF Veteran

I was driving to work, and I gotta say I lit about a good 500km... clear morning time...

Just pulled over in a parking lot to do a test of the three close range and a dim lit area...

Night time running light

Night time plus high beams

Night time, high beams and light bar

Edit:

Took some pics on a none lit road:

Nights

Nights/high beams

Nights/highs and bar

Last edited by DonL; 12-19-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran

So rebuilding the front end.... again.... and well lone behold... I got screwed over by rough country again.... the so called proper upper control arms are no damn different then the original ones I got and the damn 6540 balljoint don't fit again...

I'm don't with this lift kit. Wasnt worth the cost of the lift, wasn't worth the headaches, wasn't worth the lifetime of the product....

I'm gonna figure out how to get the blazer out of the mechanics bay, then decide what to do...

Old 12-19-2020, 04:58 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

U just can’t win with them wonder if u find a dealer if they could get the right ones and swap with u

Old 12-19-2020, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran

When I ordered these control arms, I call rough country in Texas. They were able to send a sent to a distributor about an hour away from me. I was told these where the right ones. I'm going to drive there tomorrow with the product and see what can be done.

my next option at this point is to scrap the rough country arms, buy stock arms, and find someone or somewhere to get ball joint spacers. I haven't even started looking at that option, and I'm scared to see how hard they are to find, if I can even find them...

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer