Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 11:33 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Hate it when you plan to get something done only to find out you have the wrong parts.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Hate it when you plan to get something done only to find out you have the wrong parts.
D'Oh!

Old 04-16-2021, 05:38 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Bit the bullet and brought the blazer to a shop where I store my tent trailer, and have a storage unit. He beat on it for 4 hrs, and then did the alignment with the camber set. Charged me 474. Going to reinstall the skid plate and brush guard over the weekend. Keeping the sonoma hood on it I think, until I find a cowl hood to replace it lol.

Told the mechanic I was getting paid next week,so he told me if i harass him, he will get the parts Monday, and do the rebuild over the week. He's backed up and has to stay late, so he said he will do it then...

Also going to be doing the shocks when they come in 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Last edited by DonL; 04-16-2021 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran

So I'm in a YouTube binge right now, and came across an astro 4x4 build. He took the 233 case from an s10 and installed in into the astro, removed the electronics, and installed a floor shifter kit.

And then got thinking.... what about the blazer??

I sent an email asking if anyone has ordered I for anything other then an astro lol

Old 04-16-2021, 10:43 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Someone posted that shifter kit on Facebook the other day. I

Old 04-16-2021, 11:03 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Someone posted that shifter kit on Facebook the other day. I
I think I’m part of that group the guy wanted to rig his 4wd to work manually cause it was just a mud rig

Old 04-17-2021, 04:08 PM
BF Veteran

Got the engine skid plate installed finally. And got thw brush guard back on. Went to put on the skid plate for the oil filter, and found all the holes stripped, so will be figuring out how to get that on...

2 holes to hold the front of the skid plate. Frame comes stock with them, i used the zr2 bolts to clean/make threads.

Zr2 rear plate supports. Bolted with LCA bolts.

Front view

Rear view

All aluminum skids from a 95 blazer FINALLY installed

Old 04-18-2021, 04:51 PM
Fatgouda is on a distinguished road

Don L help a guy out, I got the tire carrier today about to paint it this work week and hopefully put it up next weekend. So I tried to get it mounted in place with the tow straps like you have done early in the thread but with no luck, did manage to scratch the **** out of my blazer tho. So I guess I’m basically trying to figure out how you managed to make sure your holes were perfect! I just need instructions on how you got it in place and what you did on the inside to mount the bolts. Idk I feel lost I did manage to get it close with help of someone holding it but know that if they move at all I’m ****ed. I just want to get it right the first try.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:05 PM
BF Veteran

It is far from easy to do it alone let me tell you. I wasn't too worried about paint, which I decided I would touch up if it got that bad. If you wrap a rag around the ends going against the body while you strap it into place, it'll help prevent scratches. But make it so you can remove easily.

I attached the bottom strap first, then aligned the top two to "level" as much as possible. I honestly shouldn't gone about 3/16 higher, but that's being picky lol. I drilled 1 on top and bottom of the sides, then did the 2 above and below the light, then the last 2.

I used our overhead crane at work to support while I did the ones on the back, but I'm sure building something up to the height, and using your scissor jack could achieve the same to make sure its level.

I would suggest going all the way through as it'll support the most, with or without body support.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...er-time-94156/

Have you went into this thread?

Old 04-18-2021, 05:12 PM
Fatgouda is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Got the engine skid plate installed finally. And got thw brush guard back on. Went to put on the skid plate for the oil filter, and found all the holes stripped, so will be figuring out how to get that on...

2 holes to hold the front of the skid plate. Frame comes stock with them, i used the zr2 bolts to clean/make threads.

Zr2 rear plate supports. Bolted with LCA bolts.

Front view

Rear view

All aluminum skids from a 95 blazer FINALLY installed

Built this out of 10gauge coons don’t stand a chance

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer