Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 12:05 PM
SRIslash is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Really happy to get this!

So I picked up the injector 2nd hand new from kijiji, unfortunately it didnt come with box or instructions. If you wouldnt mind sending this to me, that would be great. Just pulled out the repair manuals to see if they had insight this weekend lol...

and so the kick in the *** has begun......

Here you go Don
a heat gun helps

Old 02-28-2022, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

So hoping to get everything done at once... but got another piece of the puzzle lol...

Just hope it'll work!

Came from a 03 s10 zr2 auto 3 button

Mines a 99 so I hope it's just plug and play lmao...

Any body with pointers and tips?

Side note: sonoma is almost done parting out, so slapping the 4x4 axle under to get it rolling, then the blazers going in for trans and spider work. Also gonna take the 2wd ypipe that I just put on the sonoma, and mod it to fit the blazer... hopefully...

And heres whats left lol...

Last edited by DonL; 03-07-2022 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:28 AM
BF Veteran

Did the drivers side doorthe other day, getting it ready to swap interior parts, and get it into the garage to do the big work... not looking foward to it lol...just don't have the time. Might call around and see how much they would charge for a re and re...

Old 03-26-2022, 11:58 AM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you getting the blazer put back into shape. I'm hoping to start on the purple jimmy in the next week or so.

Old 03-26-2022, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks! She definitely needs it's... she's hurting and telling me off everytime I take her out lol...

Old 04-09-2022, 03:41 PM
BF Veteran

As I haven't been driving the blazer, she has been getting neglected... I'm not rushed to do the tranny swap, so I'm really holding off for nice warm weather, or last minute must lol....

Other then that did some small things...

Rear brakes, center console, ashtray and dash pieces, a arm pieces, and passenger door.

Added before picture to compare lol...

Oh and the fuse cover lol... small things 😀

Last edited by DonL; 04-14-2022 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:53 PM
BF Veteran

Went for a drive last night, pulled over to take a leak,pulled over too far lol... had to get pulled out...

Front passenger side was hung up on the dirt and tire sank...

Rear passenger sank and axle got burried a lil...

Other then that, I got the front lift off, went to do the rear and can't get the shackle bolts out. Took off the flares to do work on them and hopefully get body work done.

Going through some personal stuff so not sure how much if much ill get done...

Old 05-08-2022, 02:11 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Why are you taking the lift off

Old 05-08-2022, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran

It's causing to much wear on the front end, and now with the cast iron diff I refuse to cut, to geometry isn't right. So my plans are, if I can follow thru with them and afford them, is to drop it with the zr2 stance. So far front is back to "stock", minus the extended shocks and rc control arms. And rear still has shackles, shocks, and sway bar brackets. When I can get the shackles replaces, I'll remove the sway bar relocation brackets. I'm leaving in the extra leafs and extended shocks because I tow the trailer.

including all this work, my list added brakes(rotors/pads/calipers), tie rods, I need to figure out my body mounts because I have 3 rusted out bracket locations on the frame. Gotta find a carpet because my rear has tranny fluid EVERYWHERE.

and I gotta figure out what binding when 4x4 is engaged on the front end, I can't turn my wheels while engaged and gas applied, but all 4 tires engages.

Old 05-09-2022, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
It's causing to much wear on the front end, and now with the cast iron diff I refuse to cut, to geometry isn't right. So my plans are, if I can follow thru with them and afford them, is to drop it with the zr2 stance. So far front is back to "stock", minus the extended shocks and rc control arms. And rear still has shackles, shocks, and sway bar brackets. When I can get the shackles replaces, I'll remove the sway bar relocation brackets. I'm leaving in the extra leafs and extended shocks because I tow the trailer.

including all this work, my list added brakes(rotors/pads/calipers), tie rods, I need to figure out my body mounts because I have 3 rusted out bracket locations on the frame. Gotta find a carpet because my rear has tranny fluid EVERYWHERE.

and I gotta figure out what binding when 4x4 is engaged on the front end, I can't turn my wheels while engaged and gas applied, but all 4 tires engages.
What was the extent of your suspension lift?

Today I was able to remove the idler arm that I suspected was loose. It wasn't. LOL I'm pretty sure the pitman arm is where the problem is anyway. But I'm taking the opportunity to install the 1-ton idler arm upgrade.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer