Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Now that you say that, theres a guy doing his k5

Old 03-15-2019, 07:05 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Now that you say that, theres a guy doing his k5
That sounds right! I think we both chimed in on his thread, too. He was trying to clean up the carpet glue residue.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I've read about the fumes it gives off. I'm not too concerned with that, since I only drive it maybe a few days a month, and with no ac the windows are down in the summer anyway! But, I might see if I can find one with a lower VOC

Old 03-16-2019, 12:32 AM
Rock18 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Been thinking about pulling the interior, removing the carpets and laying down some kind of bedliner. Drill a couple holes in the floor boards and put rubber plugs in for washing out.

Anyone got any experience with that?
I wouldn't want to unless the carpet were completely rotted out or perma-soiled with something really nasty/smelly. Depends on your use case I guess, but carpeting helps insulate the cabin and deaden road noise too. Depending on your trim level with power seats and such these interiors weren't engineered to be hosed out either.

Just get some big rubber floor mats, easier and cheaper too.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:21 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rock18
I wouldn't want to unless the carpet were completely rotted out or perma-soiled with something really nasty/smelly. Depends on your use case I guess, but carpeting helps insulate the cabin and deaden road noise too. Depending on your trim level with power seats and such these interiors weren't engineered to be hosed out either.

Just get some big rubber floor mats, easier and cheaper too.

For a daily driver, I totally agree. I definitely wouldn't do it. But this truck only gets driven around town sometimes on the weekends, and to the offroad park and back. The carpets are getting drenched in mud from my boots from offroading. Plus, I'm getting braver with what I try, and I know it's just a matter of time before I have the floorboards under water lol

Old 03-16-2019, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran

Oh snap! Came much faster than anticipated!

Preliminary fitting looks like it's gonna work. The windshield angle seems to match pretty well.

Have to get the oil pan back on the Cobalt, finish putting together a dresser my old lady picked up from ikea last week, then I'll get to work on the snorkel!

Kinda sucks there's a big *** "Hilux" on the side, but I'm not too worried. Already got Dodge parts in the front driveline, what's a Toyota part gonna hurt? Lol

Last edited by cleburne red; 03-16-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice! Just get a big dirty blazer sticker for it lol

Old 03-16-2019, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran

Just ordered this

I know I'll still need to figure out some kind of silicone couplings to connect the snorkel to the air filter housing, and then the housing to the factory air ducting. Just need to get it mocked up and get measurements.

Also, I need a 3 1/2" hole saw for the fender. Buddy has a 3", which is too small, and I've got a 4", which is more hole than I need. So off to home depot tomorrow to spend another $16 on this project

Old 03-17-2019, 03:15 PM
BF Veteran

So, been working on the snorkel a little

Too late to turn back now!

The hilux snorkel isn't quite 100% the same angle

Once the bottom is bolted more securely, I can kinda pull the top end closer to the A pillar, but it's not gonna lay down perfectly. Should have cut the hole a little farther towards the rear of the truck.

It's gonna work, though. Even if the upper is a little off, I'll fab up some kind of bracket or spacer so it's secure. And I think once the head is on, and the whole thing is covered in mud, won't be too noticeable

Old 03-17-2019, 04:36 PM
BF Veteran

Coming along!

It won't ever lay down flush on the A pillar, but it won't be too far off once it's all bolted down
​​​​​​

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread