Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:25 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Years ago when my son and I were into off road buggyin with the 2 Vdub rails I made we ordered a couple of plastic racing seats from summit for his. After a run or two we ordered the padded seat covers in also. His bony butt thanked him -
At the time the covers were made with a couple of inches of padding and were easy on and off application but that was at least 10 years ago - I see they still have them but as things go prob made way cheap compared to then ....
We mounted his solid but they could have been adapted to stock hardware pretty easy .....

Old 05-12-2019, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Still considering my options. Could just throw the stock back in with a waterproof seat cover, maybe get a new set at the junkyard, with waterproof covers also. Or, the racing seat. I can't really do anything with the back seats, but they're in much better shape than the fronts

Old 05-12-2019, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran

Drilled four small drain holes and hosed 'er out! Lot cleaner, and no longer smells as awful. I'll get the rest of the dirt and mud with my shop vac this week. Drain holes will be enlarged, once I find rubber plugs to fit.

Before seats go back in, I'll be rerouting the wiring to be more out of the way, also

Old 05-12-2019, 10:47 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

You may also think about moving any speakers up to head liner height or at least above water level - after a couple good soakings I can hear the rattle from here .....

Old 05-13-2019, 05:26 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by odat
You may also think about moving any speakers up to head liner height or at least above water level - after a couple good soakings I can hear the rattle from here .....
That's a good idea!

Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Lol saw that on the Facebook group.... So many terrible people on there, I try to only post when it can help. Because someone will always be hatin'! old guy didn't know what he got himself into. And just how many people ask about that snorkel!?

Your stock plate looks to be that chinsy plastic. My old one looked the same way, with the oil filter access door drooping on the sides. The CF composite might have taken that rock a bit better... But metal will definitely suit your needs the best.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

There's a lot of good quality marine carpeting you could use too. I've got some on my boat that I cans hose off and let me tell ya, that stuff can get pretty nasty!

Old 05-13-2019, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran

N Jensen, I know right! That old dude was crazy! I didn't know what his deal was! What other people do with their vehicles in a private off road park shouldn't get him worked up!

I need to get started on some new skids. I can get a 4'x8' sheet of 1/4" steel for around $200, and my buddy has volunteered to fab up whatever skids I need.

Eshaw, I haven't heard of that. I'm kinda leaning towards roll on bedliner, but haven't decided 100% yet

Old 05-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

It's too bad they don't make an old school rubber floor mat for these trucks. That's what I had in my k5 and my k10. For seats I'd just hit the yards and see what you can find for bucket seats and adapt them to fit. If you plan on submerging it I'd look into a billage pump from a boat lol... I've been there before though, I sunk my suburban a few years ago. Pulled a few trucks out then the famous last words, "watch this" I hit the hole and was almost out when I lost the front drive line.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:38 PM
BF Veteran

Been messing with the interior a little. I'm gonna have to cut and lengthen some of the interior harness to get it tucked away out of sight

Also, painted my bow tie. Had some spray paint laying around, figured why not

Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread