Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Let the underhood waterproofing begin!

I know it's not gonna be a 100% waterproof solution, but it should definitely help seal up the electrical connections
That liquid electrical tape looks like a neat product. I've also had really good luck with self-fusing silicone tape for sealing electrical splices.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Just ordered the stuff I'll need to add a second battery to my truck (other than the actual second battery, anyway.)

Planning on having it setup to where key on will energize a 200 amp solenoid, so when the truck is running, the batteries are paralleled, and off they're isolated. I'll have all my lighting off the second, as well as a future inverter.

I'll also be running a three position switch, with options for auto mode, 100% isolated batteries, and a self jumpstart mode in case the main battery dies, and I'm too lazy to get out and hook up battery cables.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:28 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I had a similar set up in an 82 k10. It saved me a few times. There isn't much room under the hood of the s series trucks though.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:21 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Hess13x
I had a similar set up in an 82 k10. It saved me a few times. There isn't much room under the hood of the s series trucks though.
No, there's not. But since I removed the air filter for the online one for the snorkel, and gave up the window washer fluid bottle, I have enough space for one in the front driver corner, right where the stock battery goes, just driver side vs passenger.

I got another battery tray, and modified it. Also had to beat the inner fender a little, but it's looking like it's gonna fit perfectly

Last edited by cleburne red; 04-17-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:41 AM

I forgotten you did away with the air box after the snorkel install. It should fit nicely then. There is another reason I need to install a snorkel! I need to get rid of my abs mess still.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah, deleting the abs, removing washer bottle, and going to a smaller airbox, along with moving some factory wiring harnesses to the inner fender really opened up some room on that side. I know most people might not be willing to cut their truck up like that, though, especially for a daily driver.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran

Just about all the dual battery goodies came today!

Still waiting on the 5/16" lugs, the switch from otrattw, and the actual second battery

Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 PM

Cutting on my daily doesn't bother me. I'll be following this upgrade as well! I need to find some time to work on my truck. Have to finish up the engine install on my brothers k10 then have a floor to install next weekend. Gotta make some $$$ for more upgrades for the Jimmy.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran

Can't really get started on the dual battery install until the rest of my lugs get here. So in the meantime, I went ahead and installed my anti tailgater rear facing led lights.

Figured they might come in handy day on a night ride or something. They were the perfect height to sit below the roof rack, also.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:47 PM

Very nice! Those are on my list as well. I had 4 KC daylighters on a toggle switch under the rear bumper of my 82 k10. Worked great for tail gaters. The look on people's faces when I'd turn them on sitting at a red light! 82 k10 with 6" lift on 38s.

Quick Reply: "Clever Name Here" 95 Blazer build thread