Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Cool little rebuild for ya. Anyone have any info on this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Thanks wow its looking really nice, Kudos on the work so far, Yeah ship me the engine ill do it haha

Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cavalier z24
Thanks wow its looking really nice, Kudos on the work so far, Yeah ship me the engine ill do it haha
lol. Thanks for the kudos, and no, that's ok. I'm going to have to grit my teeth and get my way through it. It'll be tough, but it has to be done.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Yeah but at least its all there and not missing anything

Old 07-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Starting Member

As far as I know. It's been in a backyard for over a year, so who knows what's gone.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Oh.. Well that's true it does look like it was in one peace though just hope for the best haha

Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Cavalier z24
Oh.. Well that's true it does look like it was in one peace though just hope for the best haha

Well, it was all in one piece when I got it, but now, not so much. Once it got home, I was pulling crap off of it. Who knows if I still have everything. lol. I know for a fact that I have all of the frame parts, down to the washer. As for the motor, it's going to be a pain to get back together.

I buckled down and bought a new bolt and nut set for the steering shaft. The original was just too badly stripped.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 PM

LOL yeah i feel the same way right now with not know if its all still there

See lol

Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Starting Member

LOL. I see that. Mine isn't as bad as yours. At least with mine, if I am missing a washer, it won't mean life or death. lol

Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Starting Member

Well, it's been hotter than Hates here in Michigan these past few days. I've been holding off on getting the wheels done, which is my next project. I'm thinking I'm going to get them sanded, then spray them with my truck bed liner. Should turn out good. It'll keep them from rusting in the future as well.

I'll probably do that Thursday or Friday after work. It's supposed to rain then which will cool everything down a bit. I also need to get started on that darn motor. I might be getting one from one of my friends dad, who has an 8hp Briggs with a clutch that I might get for very cheap. We'll see.

I'll keep you updated.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by EzTec
Well, it's been hotter than Hates here in Michigan these past few days. I've been holding off on getting the wheels done, which is my next project. I'm thinking I'm going to get them sanded, then spray them with my truck bed liner. Should turn out good. It'll keep them from rusting in the future as well.

I'll probably do that Thursday or Friday after work. It's supposed to rain then which will cool everything down a bit. I also need to get started on that darn motor. I might be getting one from one of my friends dad, who has an 8hp Briggs with a clutch that I might get for very cheap. We'll see.

I'll keep you updated.
8hp briggs would be nice

Quick Reply: Cool little rebuild for ya. Anyone have any info on this?