Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Final chapter of James

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road
Default Final chapter of James

Dunno what we will do. The adjuster hasn't seen it yet, but I've gone over it and can tell its done.

A ditch and some hard-as-rock dirt bent the frame. The boys and I were unhurt (praise the Lord) and I'm viewing the event as a reset. I have no idea what the insurance is going to give us for it so I can't make plans on a replacement.

I was obsessing with it some while other things sat untouched or progressed slower than they should. The boys loved the Jimmy and it was very hard for me to inform them they'd taken their last ride in it. They'd always ask to take it when we went anywhere.

RF axle centerline is 1" rear compared to the LF. The Diff moved back and up enough to window the oil pan.The radiator and stuff is fine and the hood undamaged. If it hadn't been so dry here the damage probably wouldn't have been only cosmetic. We weren't moving but maybe 10mph when it hit. The front crossmember, steering link, and axle are no longer perpendicular to the frame. From the firewall back its fine.

The boys helped me with it a lot and we've put some money into it since it came to live with us after our Blazer (not our fault) was totalled in January. This one is on me. A 'duh' moment that is going to cost us. I'm asking God to use this as a reset for me and to give me some direction on how I should get things done. Who knows what will come next, but I'm looking upward.

Later,

Doug

Old 09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Good luck with the insurance. Just remember "Cars are replaceable and people are not".